Monday, April 7, 2008

A Sick Baby, A Baseball Game and No Patience

I had a very long weekend. I think that's my problem. It was a good weekend, don't get me wrong. Ashley had a great field trip to the Arts and Science museum. We saw two shows at the planetarium, played at the science station and saw a real "live" mummy. He even still had his red hair. It was gross.

We went to the LSU Spring Football game, which was fun. Not that the game is particularly exciting--it's our favorite team playing our favorite team. Kind of hard to know who to cheer for! But it was great to walk around campus, see the tiger and just be there. The girls had a blast--we had three cheerleaders with us, and with the exception of Sydney, they enjoyed giving us their cheer poses. Fun, Fun.

I also got to see some old friends I haven't see in forever. Met up with one at the game, met one for lunch, and dropped by one's house to see a new baby.

The only thing I didn't do this weekend that was in the plans was the March of Dimes walk. Sydney (and the rest of my family) has been affected with seasonal allergies for a couple of weeks now, and it hasn't been a big deal. But all of a sudden hers was. She went from sorta snotty to nasty green snotty. At one point she actually hocked a loogie, and cried at us with it hanging from her chin. I should've taken a picture.

So now that I'm home, I simply have a sick baby. She's running fever--the kind that comes and goes at its own leisure. So we are headed to the doc for an ear check in the morning.

Jacob played his first real baseball game tonight--not that t-ball stuff, real pitching machine ball. He hit a double and then struck out. So he did well. Unfortunately not well enough, as they lost. But in their defense (I'm such a MOM) they are the youngest team in the division and were playing against much bigger boys.

So the fact that the other team was able to end the game by the ten-run rule is irrelevant to me. I got his double on video, as well as his strike out. And as soon as I deal with my camera, I'm sure, in the true mom spirit of things, I will be deleting the strike. Gotta make my kid look good!

Part of the reason I enjoy the team so much is I get to watch the other parents. One mother, sitting up against the fence was so excited her son caught a ball that she literally lept up out of her chair onto the fence, about two feet in the air!! It's terribly entertaining. I look forward to many many crazy parent stories for blog inspiration over the next two months. It's gonna be great.

We got home late, which is what you expect when you play games that don't start until 7 p.m. On the schedule anyway. Actual start time was more like 7:20. And with two of my other heathens covered from head to toe in dirt (because what else are you gonna do at the ballpark, watch a game?) they all had to have baths. This, coupled with being past bedtime makes mama grouchy. So that's where I am now. Grouchy.

Nothing a warm bed and comfy pillow won't cure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even though our team lost it was a really fun game to watch. This is going to be a fun spring.

I love you, sweetie.

Steven

Anonymous said...

I guess blogging and blog commenting are at an all time low lately. I guess it is spring time and everybody is out doing fun stuff.