Monday, June 16, 2008

Outrageous Crap

A conversation which actually took place today:

Christopher: Jacob pooped outside, mom.

Me: What?? Jacob did you poop outside?

Jacob: What? No Way!

Christopher: Yes You Did.

Jacob: That was the cat! It wasn't me!

Me: Jacob, you do realize that I can go outside and find it, and I will know, because cat poo and boy poo look very different. It's better to tell me now.

Jacob: Yes, Mom, I did. But I didn't want to wake up Sydney.
Yes, this really happened. Steven went outside when he got home to check it out and found a nice pile of dump behind the big tree by the swingset. He also found the boy's underwear sitting on the ground next to it.

Seriously, if you're gonna lie, at least do it well! Not only did he leave obvious evidence laying around, his little "I didn't want to wake up Sydney" was BS too. The only time he stepped foot outside today was for about 20 minutes before I laid her down for a nap. And he knows it.

On the opposite side of the roller coaster, right as Steven walked back in the house, Sydney decided to give him a little surprise of her own.

She took not one, not two, but three STEPS!!!!

And she was giggling and laughing so hard and clapping. *sigh* My baby is about to be a walker.

At least she broke the tension in the house from the crap!

8 comments:

Woman with a Hatchet said...

Awesome!

The walking, not the pooping. The pooping and lying is sad and funny. At least until my kids do it to me, that is!

Anonymous said...

Why...why... oh why oh why oh why...?????


What goes through that boy's head? I know he didn't learn that trick from me.... now number 1 outside is truely a guy thing. But number two outside is not even close to cool. When your in the woods and it is absolutely necessary.. it still ain't cool.

Think about it... this is one of those summers where you'll look back at all of the things that you have written here and smile (maybe).

Steven

Amanda said...

Don't you just love boys??? Look on the bright side it could have been the carpet or tile or hardwood floors. I'd say your pretty lucky it was in the grass!!!

OH ya, you do live in Louisiana!!! What do you expect!!!!! HA!! HA!!!

Andrea said...

Whuahahahaha!! My three year old poops everywhere but the toilet! He is like a dog! At least he was trying to be nice and not wake up the baby!!

Laura said...

HaHa, he's almost 8 years old, and he's full of crap. Don't be fooled by his "I didn't want to wake up Sydney."

Sydney was NOT sleeping, not even in the bed, AND he fully tried to blame it on the cat.

ALMOST 8 YEARS OLD!! What's that about?

Anonymous said...

It was so good that you commented twice. Ain't computers great!

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

Featured: http://tinyurl.com/53gs4k

Anonymous said...

My boy still has pooping issues too. At FIVE he waits until the last possible second and then has to be naked on the toilet. I can't WAIT until he learns how to read, and then maybe his father's habit of disappearing for hours in the can with a Sports Illustrated will kick in...