Saturday, August 2, 2008

Disbelief

I have managed, so far, on this blog to not talk about a few major headaches in my life. There is a large part of my life that is a constant disappointment or a big ol source of contention for me. I try my best to ignore it and go on about raising my family and trying to be a good wife and do the things I should.

So, let me try to keep this hypothetical.

Say...a close friend or relative, someone you love very much, asked to make plans with you. And say this person then not just backed out at the last minute, but proceeded to give you an obviously bogus excuse, and you just know they lied. Actually, what you know is they decided to go on and do the plans without you. With someone they like better.

And since you don't have real proof you just try to go on and forget about it.

But then you get the proof. And it's right in your face. And almost immediately they throw another lie at you and you now know.

Pretty upsetting. Don't know quite what to make of it. I don't know why I am surprised. I normally don't let people jerk me around. I normally stand up for myself or just separate myself from those who infect my life like that.

But when it's family...say, a parent...kind of makes for a hard dismissal.

But maybe it's time for me to stop turning the other cheek. Or maybe this time, when I turn the other cheek, I make a complete turn and don't look back.

1 comment:

Sissi M. said...

They're at it again huh? I'm so sorry sweetie. It's even worse when you're related to them!