Wednesday, October 8, 2008

This is so, so late

Sunny Days
Keeping the
Clouds Away
On My Way
To where the air is sweet
can you tell me how to get
How to get to
Sesame Street?

Yeah, I remember all the words, and once I think em, they stay with me. So I'll be singing this song for the rest of the night. My kids will go nuts. Did you sing it with me?

I used to come home from school every single day in the first grade and go straight for the TV. For the next two hours (i guess) I'd stay glued. First to Sesame Street and then to Mister Rogers.

Of course, back then, everyone still thought Mr. Snuffalufogus was Big Bird's imaginery friend and C was for Cookie. I still sing that one to my kids. They're starting to get old enough that it's driving em crazy, and Siddie is too young to appreciate it fully. But she smiles, as if she's humoring me.

We got another exciting package in the mail a week or so ago. The kids LOVE when I get these boxes b/c they never know what's going to be in it. This one was a sesame street themed k'nex set. Which was cool. They love knex. LOVE K'nex.

This one was a small little set that made a cookie monster. It was neat. They all excitedly like termites drawn to lights tore into the package and promptly put it together.


Unfortunately, for my kids, that's where the fun ended. They were like, "that's it?" But then, this toy is geared for preschool ages, and my kids are either older than that or younger.

But, I happily put this away for the baby to use in about a year. It'll be perfect for her then, because let me tell you. She will Love Sesame Street. She will love Elmo. Cookie Monster. Big Bird. Oscar the Grouch.

Because she wouldn't be my kid if she doesn't!

**Blogher disclaimers: not a paid review, toy received and I'm keepin it, and it retails for $10.99.




The Breast Cancer Site

No comments: