
So, today is my hubster's birthday, and he's officially now in his mid-thirties! Does that make him not middle aged? Oh well, doesn't matter, he still has WAY more gray hair than me--as in 100% more than me. I think in honor of him turning the ripe old age of 34, he should let me dye it. Why not?
I'm about to head out to let the kids buy him a birthday present, and hopefully pick him up a few things from me too. I haven't done that yet. (Steven close your eyes and don't read this!) In my defense, I haven't done just NOTHING for the man. I did lose that pesky 50 pounds, and well, like I told him last night, "That's your birthday present hon!" (Oh, geez, get your minds out of the gutter. It was totally clean, and even had the kids around.) He didn't buy it, so now I'm off to spend more of his money on I don't even know what!
I had a friend tell me to have a spa day and get him a massage. I told her that might work for HER, but that doesn't work for HIM! So she then suggested I take him out browsing and watch to see what "catches his eye."
I got a great big laugh out of that one. Because then I'd end up spending several thousand dollars over what I want to spend! You know how guy toys are. I'd take him into some store that would keep his interest (i.e. Best Buy...) and he'd be all "Ooooh, a Samsung XK300, and it's only $1500! Let's Get It!" and I'd have to be all, "Ok, honey, lets do it even though you're spending all my beach money for the summer." And then he'd be stuck with a horribly cranky wife and four cranky kids. All. Summer. Long!
So I'm back to the "Me" idea. I think it works. Why not? Sort of new (hehe, in the new clothes, anyway), definitely improved, and WAYYYYYY more economical. Let's face it, I'm cheap!
2 comments:
You're not cheap, you're frugal! And why not give him "you"? Print some cutsie coupons that he can use like, "1 back massage", "three kisses", "two hugs", etc. Put a big red bow on yourself and say SURPRISE! LOL, oh geez, good luck finding something!
Good luck shopping!! Men always want expensive gifts. My hubsand wants new tires!! Those are as much as those huge TVs!!
Post a Comment