Friday, October 30, 2009

Stupid Murphy

So we had a major event take place at our house last week. I'm talking HUGE. One that took weeks of work and years of preparation. We hosted hordes of people and I'm proud to say it was a complete success.

We had a garage sale.

It was only the second one I've ever done, and I remember now why I said NEVER AGAIN after the last one. Steven said it too...for about a year. Then he quit supporting me when I'd want to call the thrift place to pick up some junk. He'd tote it into the attic and store it "because we just need to have a garage sale."

My reply? "Uh, No. We don't. YOU can have the sale. Count me out."

Finally, our attic was full, as in can't shove another freaking box of junk ANYWHERE unless we throw down more plywood. So 7 years after the first sale, I broke down and agreed. Lets have the sale.

The plus side is that my attic is empty! And clean! I weeded out 95% of it and sorted through the rest. Just in time too, because that's right when it decided to turn chilly and I had to find the winter clothes for the Syd.

Only I didn't find them. I went through every single box and bin and bag of clothes, and I found Nothing. My poor baby had to go to school in a summer dress with a jacket. I felt so bad, I went right out and bought her some clothes. Cute ones too!

And guess WHAT!! As soon as I got home...NOT KIDDING...I found the freaking bin of her clothes. And it was FULL. Of course.



The Breast Cancer Site

1 comment:

Mia said...

Ugh! Did you at least still have all the tags on? Of course if it were me I would be emotionally attatched to the clothes and not taken them back anyway...