I left my family Wednesday to go out of town for a seminar. On my way home, I got a message from my husband, to the effect of "Btw, saw a brown mouse in the kitchen this morning. It ran behind the refrigerator. You might want to think about a professional, because I don't have time to deal with it."
Nice.
I came home, went straight to bed and forgot about it. I saw no evidence of a mouse and have been busy running ever since. Until today.
Today, I am sitting at home, working in my very quiet home, which was nice. Until I started to hear little scratches and sounds coming from the kitchen. Now, I am in no way brave enough to really go looking for the rodent, so I did the next best thing. I shot hubs a message telling him I hear the mouse and he needs to get home and get on it ASAP. I then put on my shoes and sat on the kitchen counter across the room from where I heard the noises. I think I've pinpointed it to the cabinet above my fridge.
Gone is my focus on the grant I'm writing. Also gone is my ability to wash the dishes in the sink (since that would require my back to the fridge). I also cannot heat up any lunch b/c I would have to get food out of the fridge and stick it in the microwave--right next to the fridge. The kitchen is not a comfortable place today. I am now googling how to catch a mouse in your house while my dog snores lazily by my feet, unaware that the biggest catch of her life is just a few feet away.
I am not happy. At. All.
No comments:
Post a Comment