Monday, December 3, 2007

30 Eve


Yep, tomorrow's the big day. The big 3-0. I am currently the butt of everyone's jokes, though I guess I deserve it. I'm now taking what I've dished out. But goodness, where in the world did 30 years go???

I don't quite know what to say about it. Everyone around me is already 30, so they just say, "Oh, it's no big deal, 30's great, you're still young..."

Yeah, well, I'm staring down 30, and I'll be giving into it tomorrow.

I was rocking the baby tonight in her room, and I overheard the kids and Steven in the kitchen making me cards. This is what I heard:

Steven: Did you make Mommy's card? Make sure you put the big 3-0 on it.
Jacob: Mommy's not 30!
Steven: Yes she is!
Jacob: No She's not!!
(and so on)

Basically my sweet little 7 year old is defending his mom, while really believing I could NEVER be as old as 30. I still don't think he believes it.

Come to think of it, I don't believe it either.

No comments: