So...I got in the shower late this morning. I couldn't get the baby to go to sleep, and she wasn't going to let me wait her out, so finally--WAY later than would be normal--I put her in her entertainer, plopped it by the bathroom door, and climbed into the shower, got all clean and got out.
No sooner than I grabbed a towel did my doorbell ring. Now normally I would have ignored it. But I thought...well, I don't know what I thought. But I threw on my robe and creeped into the kitchen to look out the window. (Like creeping is going to keep whoever's at the door from knowing I am home!) Anyway, so I peeked outside and saw no one. Hmmm...So I creeped--slower this time--into the living room, and peeked around the Christmas tree to see the door. No one at the window. Well, by this time I am brave. I walked right up to the door. No one. Good, coast is clear. So I head back to the kitchen, by way of the dining room and see a cop car parked at the curb. Well, naturally I'm thinking why are the cops here? I didn't do anything wrong! haha. Oops, there goes the doorbell again. So I see the cop--a lady and obviously you better answer when a cop comes a callin'. So I open the door--in my robe with my hair wrapped up in a towel. I was a sight! She informs me that they got a call that my alarm went off. Not my alarm, I am quite certain. She says ok, maybe they have the wrong house, sorry.
About this time her male partner is BANGING on the back door. And I am still in my robe--which is the ONLY think I'm in. Quite vulnerable! But he walked off since the lady cop called him off.
So I rush into the laundry room and frantically start digging through a (clean) pile of laundry I haven't gotten to yet, since I spend too much time on here, to find some clothes to put on. They didn't give me much time, cuz the only think I got off was the towel off my head before they were knockin' again. This time they tell me they called and again got my address. So they keep me at the door--wide open to the neighbors--while they verify my name with the station (I guess that's who they talk to). And it's not a quick process either. Cuz whoever's house did get broken into--the person has to be LONG gone by now! They would not leave until they verified two things:
1. I am not a burglar trying to send them away. (Like I would rob a house in my robe and dripping wet hair--duh!)
2. I am not being held hostage and being made to send them away.
The second thing was good. I was very glad to see our law enforcement being so thorough. Makes me feel safe.
Cuz in the meantime, it was a house down the street who had the blaring alarm and the alarm company sent them to the wrong house.
OOPS!
2 comments:
Well, thank goodness you put your robe on!!! I am suprised they didn't want to come in and search the entire house!! Glad your life is exciting!!
I'm glad it was a lady cop that greeted you at the door. In fact I'm glad it was the cops that greeted you at the door and not some weirdo dude. I love you ... keep safe.
--SMG
Post a Comment