
Thought I'd sit down this morning while I have a few minutes (before they are taken away by the kids) and update my goings on, since I haven't written in a day or so.
Last night we went to the church Christmas party. It was a nice time, very crowded though. And since we were late, we got to sit in the overflow area with all the other late-losers! But good food, and hey, a free meal away from home. Can't beat that! Santa came, and Christopher was mesmerized! He was clamoring to be among the very first to talk to him, and he ended up being like the third child. Santa asked him what he wants for Christmas, and the only thing he said was a train. OOPS!! I didn't buy one of those. And he FULLY believes in the jolly old man, so I guess I gotta go hunt down a train. Geez, I thought I was done.
So Jacob had himself a little fit, though. He was in the other room playing, and it was almost time to go anyway, so Steven went and got him and told him to come back in the gym with us. With the added bonus that Santa was in there, he should have been fine. But, alas, he had a cow. He didn't want to see Santa, that one was a FAKE. He seriously yelled this at his father. So Steven got his mean dad face on and told him to get in the gym and sit down and stay there. Which he did. Until he noticed that the kids who saw Santa had gotten a candy cane. At which point he wanted one, and Steven said no, you threw a fit, you don't get one. Until now, he had no interest in Santa and only had had an attitude about him. So my little angel-boy starts yelling "I want to see Santa" in front of everyone there--and crying too--while we tell him no, stay in your seat. Can you imagine what the people around us were thinking of us???? Cuz I can!! Mean, mean, mean. What kind of people won't let their child see Santa when he is right in front of them and free and the kid wants it??? I know what kind--MEAN ONES!!!!!
We ended up bringing Ashley's little friend home with us to spend the night. And let me tell you, it was past midnight when I went in her room to find her all dressed up and dancing around to the blaring music on her stereo. (And by blaring, I mean bass booming and all!) She was all decked out in her Sharpay dress, with some gauzy-like material tied around her waist and mardi gras beads around her neck, and she was a-twirling around and around while flying some more of that material around in the air. It was a sight. And poor little Savannah was laying in the bed with the covers pulled all the way up trying desperately to stay awake.
I had to be mean again to get her to put pj's back on. What is it with me?? lol
And yet at least another hour until they quit talking and both fell asleep. So in the meantime, I stayed up on the computer and got into a conversation with a friend while I was waiting on them to go to sleep. (I have this weird thing about not going to sleep until all the kids in the house are asleep.) I ended up actually falling asleep on the couch sitting up with the computer on my lap, and woke up in the same position probably like 3 hours later. And I did this in the middle of my conversation. Oops--sorry Jennifer!!!
Man, what's up with me--first I won't let my kid see Santa, then I won't let my kid sleep in her dress up clothes, and then I blew off my friend.
And I bet it was a great site, me totally dead to the world in a completely vertical position in front of the computer for hours. Someone should have taken a picture.
But I'm glad they didn't.
1 comment:
I cannot believe you would withhold Santa from your kids! You are mean!! LOL!!!
And, I can totally see you falling asleep with the computer, I only wish there was a picture!!
Post a Comment