Monday, January 14, 2008

Embarrassment and Harassment

Yep, it's official. We are embarrassing parents. You know the kind we hated when we were growing up--our own! All the times when our parents had to tag along with all our friends or hang out at our birthday parties with us and try to be cool. In high school, my aunt Flo (as in Florence, not Flow) brought me to school, and her favorite thing to do was to let out my cousin and then honk the horn and HOLLER out the window, "I love you Michael!" as loud as she could. I cracked up every morning. He didn't find it so funny.

Ashley brought home a sign up sheet for a cheerleading/dance workshop thingy at the high school next week. It sounds like a lot of fun, but she says she isn't interested. I think it's because she thinks she won't know anyone. That's beside the point. We tried to convince her how much fun it will be. We got a little carried away. I was telling her how she would get to learn a cool dance and even some cheers to do. Steven starts hollering a cheer of his own:

Give me a T
Give me a E
Give me an A
Give me a M

And you can imagine the both of us getting down to this stupid little cheer in the kitchen while my 8 year old looks on in HORROR!!! By the end, she had her face in her hands and was trying to shrink under the table.

Yeah, we didn't convince her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Ashley! (ha ha!)
I remember a time when Libby actually told ME that I was acting "Too Immature".....when do our children get more mature that us!?! She is also convinced that her Spirit is actually OLDER than mine! (They had the lesson in Primary about the Pre-Existance and how our Spirits lived before we came here to Earth.) She reminds me of that from time to time. :) I don't know whether to laugh or put her in Time-Out.--I usually can't stop laughing long enough to talk.....that really verifies her theory....then she walks away happy & satisfied because she is convinced that her theory is correct.