Woke up with one big honkin' headache this morning. You know the kind that pound and pound with every step you take? It was a doozy! I begged and begged the kids to cooperate this morning, and they mostly did. But after school when Christopher climbed into the van, the first thing he said was "Does your head hurt mom?" Which it did. I pretty much laid in my bed all day long. Luckily Sydney was in a fantastic mood so she happily played in all her cool-spoiled-baby contraptions.
So we get home this afternoon, and the kids were showing major concern for my head. Selfish concern of course, since I know exactly what they all really wanted from me. For instance, Jacob just wanted me to open his remote control hummer he's ignored for several weeks now. And Christopher wanted me to be happy so I would overlook the mess he wanted to make with his trains. After Jacob asked me about the hummer, and he got the standard, "Wait until your dad comes home, I don't feel like it right now," he tried to snuggle up close and be all sweet. He put his hand on my head and kind of lightly rubbed my forehead. Now that was just too tempting, and I am a baby at heart, so I suggested he rub my head for a minute. "That would make mom feel LOTS better." This was his response:
Yeah, not right now. I exercised my arm a lot at school today, so I can't do that.
And Me: What did you do? (actually thinking he did like PE or something...)
Him: I did SO much writing today and I worked in two workbooks, and I had to pull out a really heavy book which was reading and I had to turn LOTS of pages.
Hence the theme of the day: crappy day, crappy excuses.
3 comments:
Ok...Kids are just too smart these days! That story is hilarious!
I know how he feels. Sitting at the computer at work and typing all day really gives my arms a great work out. Just kidding. I really do like the new look for your blog. Its cool. Sorry you had a bad day. I hope tomorrow is better. Ya gotta get going with that diet. You still owe me photo shoot.
Love you,
Steven
Post a Comment