Friday, January 11, 2008

The New Bird At Our House

Yes, you read that right. We have a new bird in our house. Am I crazy?? Probably. It's not a noisy bird. It's not chirping and singing. But it is driving us nuts and getting on our nerves.

Let me explain. This bird is not a typical bird. It has no wings, and in fact, it does not have it own body. It's a bird my son found at school, and exists in the form of his middle finger.

Yep, you read that right. My first grader has learned how to flip us off. I don't think he knows exactly what it means, just that it's bad and he's so far been smart enough not to actually let us see him do it. But he's not had any problem at all letting it visit his sister. He's not smart enough to figure out that each time he does it he gets told on and gets in trouble. DUH!!! How much punishment will he take before it sinks it that IT IS WRONG!!!!!!!

It started a couple of months ago. On the way home from school, he asked me what it means when you show your middle finger to someone. I told him it's very bad and basically means a cuss word and that if he sees someone do it at school he needs to tell a teacher. I guess I forgot to tell him that if he himself does it he will get in hot water. Because a couple of weeks later he was lounging on the couch and decided to try it out. So he flashed it at Ashley, who promptly told on him. I'm sure she didn't tell out of duty to help her brother. She probably enjoyed watching him get fussed at. I believe we took his beloved legos and transformers away, as well as any video game privileges for a day or so.

Well, the boy didn't learn. This morning, he was the fastest kid getting dressed and was ready for school only about 5 minutes after he got up. I was so proud. But, apparently his speed didn't earn him enough attention, because his goodness flew out the window. He ended up in the corner for lying about sneaking food. Hmmm...not enough attention in time out? "Well, lets flip off Ashley for telling on me."

DUHHHHH!!!!!!

She told again. Does it sound like I have a habitual tattler in my house also? Not really. She actually rarely tattles, as I have very little patience for it.

So now the boy has lost his legos, transformers, all video game and tv privileges, as well as all outside privileges for 3 days. Originally it was 2, but I guess he decided he still needed some attention, because he then decided to kick his sister.

One day you are gonna find me in a padded room at the looney bin, and you are gonna know exactly why.

So if anyone knows how to get rid of a bird problem, let me know!!!

No comments: