Sunday, January 13, 2008

Our New Diet

Yep, we're gonna do it. I am so tired of being fat and not having any clothes to wear. I want to go to the beach this summer and be comfortable, not icky! Steven's getting a little gut on him too, so we decided we're gonna do it. Together. He's been enthusiastic up until tonight about it, so we'll see. We have had our last yummy food and are saying goodbye to it for awhile. :(

Our guidelines and goals (we're goofy, we even made a "project charter" and Steven says we need a statistical control chart--hahaha):

1. at least 4-5 bottles of water per day in addition to whatever other drinks we have
2. 3 meals, 2 snacks, portion size control! No Seconds!
3. 1 cheat day per week--and ONLY one!
4. exercise at least 3 days per week 30-45 min. each
5. Do this for 12 weeks!

Our goals:
Steven--10 pounds
Laura--25 pounds

Our reward: A Great KID FREE trip to a tropical paradise where we can get umbrellas in our drinks when we are skinny and bathing suit ready! But no planning until we are ready! Only dreaming...

So my plan is to update weekly so if you see us neglecting this, then we are probably neglecting the diet and your responsibility is to keep us in check!

We're so goofy--we even signed our "charter."

Ha Ha

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are hilarious! You can do it! Maybe Spencer and I will see you guys on that Kid-Free Island in the Tropical Paradise when we are skinny, too! Great Goal!!!
Merrianne

The Sanford Family said...

I'm right there with you. I'll e-mail you when my craving for a brownie or that third bowl of cereal is driving me wild. I've got to get this extra weight off.

Laura said...

The More the Merrier!!!!!

Julie B. said...

Sounds like a plan! I'm signing up too. Can I go to the umbrella in the drink tropical paradise too?

Anonymous said...

Glad to see Steven's Six-Sigma training may pay off personally for you guys! I wonder if he can use this as an example when he gives his training classes. Of course, it better result in success! I think you should give daily updates for the first week until you get into your new routine.

Flair said...

Good Luck! I find its easier if you tell everyone your goal then you are kind of held accountable for it.
I really like your blog template by the way!