Friday, January 11, 2008

It Wouldn't Fit On My Foot Dear!

You know, I am not a neat freak. I have been blessed with a wonderful husband who actually helps me around the house. Full-time mom or not, I am not a good fulltime housekeeper. Laundry is my biggest pitfall. Do you have any idea how much laundry 4 kids and two adults produce?? OH MY GOSH!!!! In one week's time, you absolutely cannot open the laundry room door, there is so much jam packed inside!! It's like a movie where you open the door and the mountain falls out...yeah, my laundry room.

So about once or twice a week I prepare myself to climb the mountain. I get the baby settled in some appropriate activity--preferably her bed, take a deep breath, and plunge right in. And you know what? I don't catch all the stains. Sometimes my daughters tights get thrown in with something velcro and then I have to go buy new tights. Often my laundry gets put into two piles: the really darks and everything else. And luckily we have a good working laundry room with a counter to fold and stack clothes and a rack for the hang up ones. Because once we do get the mountain reduced to dust and we have piles of clean folded laundry, it doesn't always actually make it back to the drawers and closets it came from.

Once again, let me reiterate, I AM NOT PERFECT!!!! I am not picky. I don't really care if the laundry going in the closet is wrinkled or not. I am so lucky my husband agrees with me in these areas. It's a massive amount of clothes, and hey, we clean them!

Socks are the worst. We throw them in one big basket to tackle after all the other clothes are folded and hung up. Often, we never get to them, and go fishing for matching socks for 6 people every morning. But occasionally, one of us will actually dump out that great big basket and have at it. Usually it's me doing this, as I am the best at determining the matches among the thousands of socks we have. Once in a while, Steven will tackle this for me.

So what's my point? Here it is:

Steven, this is NOT a match!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll use your famous phrase: "Bite me, Dude!"

Once the shoes go on (especially for the kids) no one will ever know. My number one goal is to get them out of the basket!

Love ya.

By the way. just think of how much the pile of laundry would have been reduced in the time it took you to find the problem, photograph the problem, them communicate it to the BlogWorld... and then the time for me to read it and then type out this response. But hey I agree laundry sucks bad and gigging your hubby with a nice funny story is a heck of a lot more fun than laundry. Thats why I'm taking the time to write my thoughts on the subject. Also, I have no intentions of doing laundry because I am getting geared up to prepare some kind of dinner for our laundry generators.

Love you again,
Steven

Laura said...

It's not kid laundry honey, the big sock is mine, the little on is Jacob's. It doesn't fit on my foot. I found this out AFTER I put it on.

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious!
Love
Merrianne

Amanda said...

Well, I have to agree with you totally! I hate laundry and I am so glad that "laundrymatt" lives in my house!!!

You shouldn't be so hard on Steven though!! HA!! Atleast he helps!!! LOL!!! (that was one for you Steven) YOUR WELCOME!!!

Anonymous said...

Score for the Husband. Thanks to Mandy.

npage79 said...

Some laundry sock advice. I hate sorting socks. I made it easy for me. I took all the white socks and threw them away. Then I went to Wal-Mart and bought Bill all one kind of sock. Then I bought Colby all one kind of sock. Then myself all one kind of sock. Sorting socks is not a big deal anymore. If I have to replace socks, I buy the exact same kind I alreay bought.