Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Mormons at Mardi Gras

Yes, we did. We mormon girls took off on a girls weekend to New Orleans for Mardi Gras. What might there be to do for someone like us, you might ask? Oh trust me, LOTS!! We don't drink and smoke and use bad language, but we sure do like a good time, and have loads of fun laughing at other fools around us. Not that we aren't fools ourselves, but comparatively speaking, we are so tame.

Here's a quick overview: We began the weekend as very family friendly. We went to a couple of small parades in Lake Charles and then made our way to Baton Rouge. Their Spanish Town parade definitely leaves your mouth hanging open sometimes. I think the krewes who decorate their floats from year to year must be drunk when they do so. The major recurring joke this year was the Spears sisters. Luckily this went right over my kids heads. Although, our raunchiest throws were caught here. Yep, tame ol Baton Rouge. You'd be mighty surprised at what a 73 year old woman attracts: we caught a couple pairs of underwear (3, I believe) and one very racey bead that mimics one certain male part that I shall not name. Yes. Lets say that Sister Baker was mighty surprised at that one.

(Me with my gold and purple undies)


(Charlotte with hers)



As far as our parading around the Big Easy goes, we wore out our friends after just one! Well, it was a super long one--like 2 1/2 hours long. Once again, we attracted some strange throws--the most memorable being the replica of a female part (an upper part). We passed it to the man behind us who had been chatting with us. He liked it.

One thing I can say: how many mormon girls can say they've pulled their boobs out at Mardi Gras?? Of course, that's what happens when you bring your nursing babies with you. And yes, we had blankets, as hard as the babies tried to pull them down. No one got flashed.

Monday, went down to the french quarter. We just couldn't get as close as we were and not go, especially with our out-of-towners. It was awesome. If you tuned into the Bourbon street live cam online at about 1 p.m., you would have seen our little group of young and old smiling and waving proudly! In my dad's words, "Have you lost your mind?"

Some pics of our times:


Sydney's future Mother-in-Law:


See? Crazy Lady!


The Unwed One:


And she found a man:



Londie with the "Smile, Jesus Love You"



We got rich down there too.


Rich in friends anyway. I love those girls!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time.

Amanda said...

Looks like fun! I want to come next year! I am going to plan on it! I want a "man part" necklace though!!!! LOL!!!! I'm so jealous!

Anonymous said...

Love it! Love the pictures! Glad you had a good time. The boob comment was hilarious! Glad the kids didn't give anyone a flash. But maybe you would have gotten even more interesting beads; however, it seems you covered most of the "body parts" beads.

Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

Girl.....that was so funny. I laughed out loud. I finally have found another Mormon who likes to have a good time and not be a prude. :)