Ashley finally had her 9th birthday party on Friday night. I'm not so sure how I got talked into it, but we had a sleepover, High School Musical Style. This means we decked out the kitchen in High School Musical, we blasted High School Musical Karaoke, and watched both of the movies. Super Fun!
Super Exhausting too. These girls were so funny to watch. They really do act just like we did when we were kids. Like the girls who'd never met who hit it off and pair off. And the planning and sneaking around to get others. So like 4 of the girls decided to "get" Ashley after she fell asleep. This was hilarious watch. Their first mistake was choosing Ashley. This is the one child I'd bet on not falling asleep at all! She's never been a big sleeper, and she hasn't gotten any better in that department since she was a baby. They were searching the house for things to use. They confided in me, to see if it was ok, and of course, being the level headed person I am, I said sure, if you can get her to go to sleep. They had me pull out the tub of frozen cool whip so it would have time to thaw out, and they were checking it every five minutes. They also raided my pantry--I pried the peanut butter and honey and syrup out of their grubby little hands! So they decided that hairspray and toothpaste would do fine, along with the cool whip.
As hard as I tried to keep the boys away from the party, Jacob inevitably got involved. My little man amazes me in how he can CON others! Seriously, he totally convinced these girls that he was trustworthy and only wanted to help them. So they spilled the beans on their plan right after they made him Swear to never repeat it. To anyone. He promptly got their info and busted into the other room blaring the info to Ashley, who by the way, was very hurt. She couldn't believe her friends would plot against her, and she really couldn't believe her mom knew about it and didn't tell her. But this is where the story gets interesting.
About 2:15 in the morning, I was falling asleep. I couldn't keep my eyes open for another second, and being the knowledgeable parent that I am (I was young once and went to sleepovers) I refused to go to sleep with the girls still up. So I had them turn out the lights and go to sleep. I dozed off and on on the couch in the office so I could hear what was going on. I had to wake up and shush them a few times, but pretty much everyone fell asleep pretty well. They were wiped out.
But sometime after I was sure they had all been asleep, Ashley woke me up moving her bedding to the elmo couch by me and falling asleep there. In the morning, I woke them up at like 8:30, and they were such a sight. They had all done makeovers on each other right before bed time and no one washed it off, so they truly looked like princesses from somewhere else! Hot pink all over their little faces and arms, and bedding since it wiped off of them. And they all just started washing it off and no one had anything to say about it. Until I noticed that Ashley had no spots.
My little angel outlasted everyone and sought after some revenge. And had I not asked her, no one would have been the wiser. But she slathered this hot pink oily lip gloss all over everyone. It was on their faces, on their arms, in their hair. And it stained bad. One of her poor little friends was walking around at church on Sunday with pink still in her hair!
She truly is my daughter!
(I'm posting pics on the other blog.)
1 comment:
Love the stories and the pictures! Ashley looks so grown up on her Daddy date! Not sure about opening a google account???? I am glad Ashley had fun at her party! Who won the singing contest???
Post a Comment