For once, I am taking someone else's idea. Well, take, borrow, use, be inspired by...those are all relative terms, don't ya think? To be fair, it came from here, and it's a totally fun idea!
So basically, the idea is to pull out old yearbooks from high school, read the comments and post the funny ones.
I could only find my sophomore yearbook from Texas, so here goes...
"This is something hard to do because I have to think of something nice to say about you! Happy Bun-B-Day!"
Seriously, what is that?
"You are a great friend, don't ever change! What ever you do, don't break too many short, red headed dudes hearts!"
"Well, golly polly-time sure has flown on by! It's been swell having you in history!"
"I had to sign in two places to make you feel special!"
"Hey Lady-Lay, We are really tough. Boy this is really stupid, I feel like I just kissed a dog-just kidding. I haven't know you too long but I still think we've become really great friends and I hope to know you much longer and out friendship keeps growing."
And there there's always all the, "You're such a good friend, don't ever change, Stay cool, Good Luck" stuff
I am surprised at all of the guys who put their phone numbers along with the message, "call me if you ever get lonely." I guess they weren't worth my attention!
ALTHOUGH, I stumbled across one very very funny message written by a Louisiana friend:
even dated: Aug. 6, 1993
"Hey girl, How ya doing? I guess not bad being that you're playing around in my 7th grade yearbook. So did you have a good time tonight? So what did you think of Steven G.? He's really sweet but I don't know if I could have a serious relationship with him..."
Well, well, well, considering I wrote all over the yearbook about another guy, this is an interesting turn of events.
Turns out I liked him more than I thought, especially considering that night she's talking about, he was not my date!!
I think he's pretty hot, though!
4 comments:
I love the serendipitiousness (I just made that up, are you impressed?) of that. Pete's sis and her husband have a picture of them taken together on a youth temple trip b/f they really knew each other. And Pete and I discovered we were at the same youth dance in Memphis when we were in 9th grade, but we didn't meet til college.
FUNNY! :)
Now I want to find my old Yearbooks, too!!!
Glad you liked it:) Thanks for stopping by my blog!!
I guess it was your "friend" who mentioned that she thought that I was sweet but wasn't sure about having a serious relationship with. If so, I figure her loss is your gain. And your gain is my gain.
Love ya,
Steven
Post a Comment