Wednesday, March 26, 2008

No New Material

My kids are still gone. I am still bored. Not that I have so much reason to be bored. I still have a baby to take care of, which I do, but frankly, babies are easy. But here's what I've learned:
boredom breeds laziness!

I guess I knew that (of course I did) but I'm still surprised. Here's what I thought I would get done this week:
Ashley's room dejunked
Boys room dejunked
hall bathroom cleaned really really good
whole house vacuumed
laundry totally caught up
flowers planted
flowerbeds weeded
house entirely dusted

Yikes. Here's what I have actually done this week:
spent half a day online
imed a friend on the other side of the world--a lot
spent two hour at the gym
cooked two exceptionally yummy dinners
watched American Idol
mostly caught up on laundry
dejunked Ashley's room
took a nap every day so far
took Sydney for a walk
sat inside my house and looked at the dusty shelves
also watched the dusty tv

Productive? I should say so!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sheesh, when do you get your babies back?

And, seriously.. what's the point of dusting?? Enjoy your break!

Jennifer said...

You NEED to come mess around in Photoshop with me! :-)

Anonymous said...

WOW--your kids are STILL gone!?! You spenct 2 hours in the gym??? That is good!!

Laura said...

They should be home sometime tomorrow--Yay!!!

Minnie said...

Sometimes it's more important to "de-junk" our brains than our houses.
Just my opinion.

Laura said...

AMEN, Minnie!! And they are coming home today, and I can't wait!!

I'll be full of stories by tonight!

Check back later!!