I've been neglecting this blog again! It's been a very long day--long couple of days--and at the end of them, in my sheer exhaustion, trying to think of what and how to write just makes my mind hurt.
However, this is my half-hearted attempt at not letting myself go longer than two days without a post. Sorry it's so boring. I've spent the entire day today out of my house. This morning I had a boring doctor appointment followed by shopping: getting easter clothes for the kids, and groceries for the family. And also buying easter bunny junk. I've decided to minimize the candy this year and instead I raided the dollar-cheap-toy aisle at Target. I found lots of fun things: juggling balls, insect kit, bathtub boat, bubbles, fingernail polish and toothbrushes! I just cannot stand yet another holiday coming along with all the yummy chocolate and sweet CRAP that I have no willpower with, and therefore will find a permanent place of residence on my thighs.
With that said, I am actually under doctors orders to lay off the treadmill, since I have plantar fasciitis. For those not in "the know," this originally started when I hit the exercise hot and heavy back in October. After about two weeks of great exercise and running and beginning to lose a pound or two, I suddenly could not walk anymore and lived on motrin and ice packs. Ironically, although I don't believe this to be the cause, it's a condition that can be aggravated by weight gain and gets better with weight loss. Duh. Kind of hard to do when you can't work out! So now I get to find new and exciting ways to exercise, all of which, like everything else on this planet, cost money. Swimming (gotta join a gym for), spinning (again, a gym, or buy a spin bike) and the elliptical machine (again, something I do not possess). So guys, the verdict is...I'm joining the gym. I'd be way more excited about this if I wasn't so completely dead tired right now, but I'll get over that. Unfortunately it's going to be a long night, as we are under a tornado watch that won't be dropped until the "squall line passes through," sometime at or before 2 a.m.
And I spent too much time in tornado alley to ignore the strong suggestions from the forecasters that this storm is gonna be a doozey.
So goodnight all, I hope you sleep well, because I'm going to be up and staring mindlessly at the computer, tv and staying out of the junk food. Wish me luck!
8 comments:
Good luck with the gym. Don't worry, you'll get tons of encouragement from me:
Steven: " Did you make it to the gym today?"
Laura: "No, Sydney wouldn't let me put here down long enoug to do anything."
Steven: "Hmmm. You know we're PAYING for the gym, you should go."
Don-cha just love all of my support!
Seriously, I hope that the gym works out and that you love it. I know after Christopher was 2 or 3 you got hooked up with CardioStudio and had great success. I remember how you used to talk about how those people worked your butt off.
Just don't work too hard because you gotta save some energy for folding laudry.
I love you,
steven
Babe, he was less than a year old, and they pounded me into shape!
Laura good luck with the gym. My mom joined Curves and loves it.
YOU CAN DO IT!!!! I say that because I am paying for the gym and haven't been in weeks! I love to pay for it though!! LOL!! You should see the new CardioStudio, it is nice. I am just too lazy to get up at 5 in the morning to work out before work and don't want to do it at night either.
Steven, can you pass some of that encouragement my way!! NOT!! I get enough of it from Matt!
Love ya!
Yeah, I'm paying for Curves and going about once a week. It's so hard to get up before the sun does.
I think you'll like it because it eventually gives you a "high" and you get some alone time that every mom needs that has a full time mommy career. Just make sure they have a complimentary smoothie bar and a massage therapist and sauna and hot tub. That should do it!
Pretty soon you will be addicted to the Adrenaline Rush you get from working out! Then you do not have to be scared of the occasional chocolate bar or Sonic blast adhering to your thighs or other various areas.....the new muscles all over your body will burn that off as soon as you swallow!
MUSCLE BURNS FAT! The more muscle you have, the more fat you can eat & not gain weight. (use common sense of course)
Maybe that's not right for everyone....but hey...it works for me! HONESTLY!
Post a Comment