Sunday, April 13, 2008

Emails Between an Engineer and a Computer Addict

Him to Me:


Looks like this could be a great mother's day present!



Me to Him:

Ha. Ha.

Him to Me:
You encouraged me to write up you an email because of how wonderful you feel... and all I get from you is "Ha Ha".
Anyways, the mowing the lawn as veiwed by your husband the engineer.
I have decided on some equation to explain the hassle factor or effort required to mow the lawn.
Lets set the stress or level of worry about the lawn equal to ST. ST is a function involve two other expressions which are time dependent functions.
ST(time) = NS(time) + E(time) where NS is neighborly stewardship and E is physical effort. I have actually determined that the NS component is a linear function with time because as the days go by when the lawn is not mowed, my ST increases with each day. I have been using this as a motivating element because I am really lazy and I am trying to overlook the E component. The E component is some kind of exponential function with time. As the time increases between mowing events, the effort required increases substantially. So the worry level should look like:
ST = m(Time) + N e^(10,000,000 Time) + 4
Notice the large constant in the exponential component: I don't like to mow.
Love you, Have a great day
.


Me to Him:

Only you would actually take the time to come up with this, and only I would actually find this amusing, entertaining and appreciate it. We are a unique pair!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nerd! (but I still like him!) I suggest a riding lawnmower so you can enjoy the mowing. All men love riding lawnmowers. It may be worth the investment to lower the ST.

Amanda said...

I'm LOST!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!

Anonymous said...

You two are a Match Made In Heaven :)

Anonymous said...

Gran has a great idea. I need to convert the ST into dollars with another function and then calculate the payback period of the capital expense...usually a 1 to 1.5 year payback period is consider and excellent capital project. So help me out here.. what is the relation between ST and $?

Jennifer said...

Heheh..this so sounds like something Adam would come up with!

Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

This is very funny....but way to complicated for me.