I am shocked. I cannot believe what I have just read.
I was opening email this morning, and after a great workout, and being nasty and sweaty, I was reading my e-diets daily inspiration message that makes it way to my spam folder every morning. Usually it's junk, filled with things such as diet horoscopes and how to get a celebrity-type body. But every once in awhile, there is a great nugget of inspiration that gives me some much needed enthusiasm.
Today, was a little different. I just read that today our Congress is set to vote on a FAT TAX?!?! A fat tax!! What in the heck is that? Here's what it is: if you are 20% or more over your ideal body weight, you get a frigging ticket! Or ordered to take weight education classes! And if you don't do it, you can lose your license or go to jail! I am not kidding!
I have done my calculation, and I am exactly 20% over my ideal body weight. So I guess that I am part of the problem of this country, despite the fact that I have had very little luck while nursing my baby with weightloss. I am trying hard to get back into my clothes and get back to my ideal weight, where I was before said baby showed up on the scene.
So here are my thoughts:
Rather than tax people and send them to jail for being fat, and blame them for the extra costs of healthcare that we spend every year, why don't you help regulate the "industry." For instance, why do most health insurance companies refuse to pay for breast pumps? The studies are in that breastmilk helps to reduce the childhood obesity. Not to mention all the other health benefits from it. Why don't these same health insurance companies help with the costs of gym memberships so we can freaking exercise and get the unlawful fat off our butts! Why don't they help by building more sidewalks so I, who live in the far south way away from the reaches of public transportation) can walk or ride my bike to the store safely!!
Does the government really not have anything better to do? They will let our gas costs bankrupt us, but they have no problem making us add $50/month to our already broke budgets to avoid getting a ticket by a cop who doesn't like fat people.
That's the other thing: is a cop going to carry a scale around? Or a body-fat-measurer thingy? And am I really gonna let a cop pull me over and pinch my fat? NO WAY!!
This is just absurd. I am appalled it even made it to a vote. What a freaking waste of time. Geez.
And now that I've wasted my time and energy getting mad and worked up and writing this, it a freaking April Fools Joke!
NOT FUNNY!!!
3 comments:
My over-active imagination came up with all kinds of unsettling scenarios while reading that.
All I can say is HA! freakin HA!! I was totally seeing you in my mind typing that with steam coming out of your ears!! LOL!!
No kidding! If I got a cop outfit can I run around pinching you? How's that for motivation.
I just want to say that you are a pretty good writer. I was just reading this post away being all convinced (but not concerned about being weighed or pinch by the fat police) and you did a good job of holding off the april fools thing till the end.
Life with you is great!
Love you,
Steven
Post a Comment