
So Ashley laid in bed for over an hour after bedtime last week, just wiggling her very slightly loose tooth and willing it to fall out. She had just discovered it was faintly loose the day before.
You know how kids are, when there's a loose tooth, they start seeing money signs.
So with enough encouragement, she popped it out. At 11:00. As all kids are, she was ecstatic. Finally, some money she didn't really have to work for!!
She popped out of the bed and ran into the kitchen to loudly surprise us with a gaping hole.
We looked at each other, and the first thing I said was, "Do you have any money?" To which Steven replies, "No, do you?"
And since neither of us cherished the tooth fairly fairytale enough to make a walmart run at that time of night, we encouraged her to put it under her pillow and GO TO SLEEP ALREADY!!!!
Fast forward to the morning. After wrangling Ashley awake, the first thing she did was throw her pillow back, and what did she find??? Yep, a white tooth!!
I was a bit surprised also, since in addition to the tooth, there was a letter. Once again my dear darling daughter had stayed awake, snuck a pencil and paper into the bed with her and composed a letter to the tooth fairy.
She wanted to know why, when mommy was a little girl she only got one dollar for her teeth and Ashley gets five.
*Yes, I give $5.00 for a lost tooth. In my defense, I'm not consistent enough to give an allowance so this is about the only money they ever have. Plus, seriously, inflation people!
Luckily, mom had already thought of a great
To Ashley's little mind, it made perfect sense. Nevermind that there is an invention called a cell phone that her little minions could use to call and add one more name to the list.
So back the tooth went under the pillow to await extraction the next night. But it's just never quite that easy, is it? Of course not.
We went to Baton Rouge. And we left the tooth at home. Oops.
Since the boys stayed home, the tooth fairy had a sudden gender change and had to get creative. While on my front, Ashley was just certain that when she got home at the end of the weekend she would find that the tooth fairy had come regardless of whether or not she had been sleeping there.
While I was gone, this is the email I got from Steven:
Here is the letter Mr. Tooth Fairy left for Ashley:At last the Tooth Fairy has arrived at our house for ashley's latest lost tooth.I have attached the letter that the tooth fairy wrote to place under Ashley's pillow. This is what the tooth fairy had to do to make this happen. First of all this had to happen between conference sessions, while I was trying to get the boys ready to go to PH session, cook their dinner, and get myself ready. (no big deal really, just a lot of stuff).The letter was composedletter was saved to flash stick to take to Church and use church printer since I don't have one hooked to my computerStopped at walgreens on the way to church to 1) get Jake's meds and 2) buy bread so there is something to feed young un's and to get the minimum cash back of $10 in the form of two fives. By the way, pharm was closed. Maybe you can pick it up on monday. If not, I'll get on monday - just call me and let me know and I'll stop and get it.
Leave PH session at mid hymn because booger was being a booger. Jacob was great. Jacob actually sat in the chapel with out me for about 30 minutes while I took boog around the church building.
After leaving church with no printout decided to use the black, epson printer.Had the boys change clothes, and put the rowdy boog in the bed!
Moved printer to desk
hooked up printer
Dug around for the install disk (I had placed it in the brown folder, so it was the first placed I looked. Yeah.)
installed driver
changed border graphics because I now realize I have color printing as an option
printed out the page
folded a load of laundry and put it away (I committed myself to this by dumping to pile on the bed so that I had to take care of it before I went to sleep. I wasn't going to allow myself to just push it off onto the floor to deal with later... I WAS COMMITTED!)
Stuffed in the 5 dollar bill from wal greens, rolled up and tied with pink ribbon.
Blended up me and Jake a milkshake (he requested ice cream but we didn't have any. This was my suggestion as an alternative. He agreed.)
Ran dishwasher.
Placed letter under the tooth deficient child's pillow.
Return and report to you about my whole evening.
I hope you guys had a good night at the game.
Dearest Ashley,
Oh, you ask such wise questions. One might think that the main reason for my giving you more for your teeth could possibly be related to the rise in costs of all things in general. For example, when your mother was a little girl and I visited her, a gallon of milk was much less expensive than it is now.
On the contrary, the reason you get the amount of money that you get for your teeth is because you have such beautiful teeth and such a lovely smile. You must be working really hard to keep your teeth so beautiful and healthy.
Another Reason for the gift of more money for your teeth is because you are such a special young lady. I bet your Mommy and Daddy love you very much and they take really good care of you.
I do apologize for the delay in changing out your tooth for the money. As you can imagine there are a lot of boys and girls in the world losing teeth.
Remember, take good care of your teeth,
The Tooth Fairy
So now I think the tooth fairy should keep the man parts, since the female fairy is much more boring. She only leaves the money, and if she would have left the note, it would have said 10 words.
Dear Ashley. Ask your mom about inflation. Love, Tooth Fairy
3 comments:
WOW, that man is a keeper!
Did ya have to use a Cartman from southpark picture...? I look nothing like him.
Good job, Steven! I am impressed at your abilities. I'm sure Ashley was impressed with the fancy note and pink ribbon.
Post a Comment