My little Jacob is as smart as a whip. He really amazes us with the things his mind can dream up. His special little talent is logic. He's like a little miniature lawyer. He hears our words and goes over them in his head finding our loopholes and then proceeds to argue his case. Every. Single. Time.
Unfortunately he's not an expert yet. He came from school the other day and told me he had to "pull a stick" at school. Which is first grade talk for "ticked off the teacher."
He first told me he forgot why he had to pull. As the person who gave him his genes, I have a special ability to recognize bull crap when I hear it. But I got it out of him.
Apparently he "pulled" because when he was in the bathroom after recess, a kid told him to flush a toilet to see if it would overflow. (It didn't.) But he got told on.
After I pressed him for more information, I found out that he had pulled the day before also.
Mom, I really did forget what that was for.
After several threats to contact his teacher, he relented.
Are you ready? He got in trouble for telling another kid to flush the toilet and see if it would overflow!! And that kid didn't do it!
And that kid told on him too.
So maybe being smart and being bright aren't quite the same thing.
2 comments:
What is it with 1st graders and goofin' off in the bathroom?
Do you feel like you are living with Greg all over again?
Post a Comment