I have had a super full day.
Between getting 3 kids up and ready to school, another kid fed and dressed herself, over to the grocery store for produce, then to the doctor for check up and shots, over to Walmart for regular grocery shopping and home in time to have playgroup.
All of that by 10:45 a.m. Playgroup started at 11. In exactly 15 minutes, I unloaded a buttload of groceries, picked up discarded pajamas off the living room floor, and did the super fast mandatory bathroom wipe down.
You know the drill: kids are yucky, so when company comes you have no choice but to reclean the bathroom. And you can't do it like the day before they come, because the
So anyway, I rushed inside the house when I got home and before I even unloaded groceries, I grabbed the bathroom and mirror cleaner and ran to the bathroom. Between the toothpaste splatters on the mirror, the toothpaste globs in the sink, the toilet paper (entire roll still in tact) tossed on the floor, and the pee-smelling toilet, it took a minute or two to clean up. And then when I bent over to pick up the t.p., I noticed there was green crayon on the wall! Seriously! What is wrong with my kids??
Well, on the way home after school today, I was telling the kids what a great mom I am. I told them I even cleaned their messy bathroom. And they were all, Oh no, it's not messy. So I was like, "Oh yes it was. I cleaned the toothpaste up, I picked up the toilet paper, I even cleaned the walls." And they were all, "The walls? Why'd you clean those?" And I was all, (completely picking on them) "Because there was poo on them!"
To which Christopher replied, "You cleaned my green poop? Thanks!!"
Now I am entirely grossed out. Eugh!
2 comments:
Hey,
That kind of goes along with the story of the family at the picnic:
One day there was a family at a pic nic and the mom was working really hard to get everything ready to feed the family and she asked the dad to hold the baby. About the same time the dad grabbed his sandwich and handed the baby back to the mom. He notice a dab of mustard on his hand and licked it off. He was very surprised to find that it wasn't mustard. Moral of the storey: always be careful with those organic, colored things that you find that are left behind our young friends.
You've probably heard this story before.
PS I'm not sure that song is appropriate for blasting out in the kitchen. Probably, questionable for your ipod and earphones... but........ out loud for all in the kitchen..... But if it makes you feel like being motivated to cook, clean. I won't complain out loud.
Post a Comment