Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Would You Like Fries With That?



Here's a question for ya:



What do all these places have in common (besides the obvious)?
  • Raisin Canes
  • Dairy Queen
  • Golden Corral
  • Applebees
  • McDonalds
  • Sonic
  • Cinnabon
  • Red Lobster
  • Burger King
Well, yes, they are all fattening, they are all yummy, but those are not the answers I am looking for.

They are all places I ate at this weekend. And no, I didn't order any salads, although my Red Lobster meal did come with one. (P.S.--Thanks Mandy for suggesting we skip relief society and hang out before leaving town dine there.)

Of course, if the place we stayed had had any furniture, or dishes in the kitchen, or heck, a freaking refrigerator we could have eaten a lot better. But it didn't. We slept on air mattresses, brought our own towels and dined out.

We made do and the house was seriously cheaper than a hotel, and we had electricity and warm water. Those are the necessities, right? And besides, just look at how well I ate.

I haven't even stepped on the scale yet. I'm scared to. I was going to go to the gym this morning, since I haven't been in a week, but then I realized the kids have field day or awards day every day for the rest of the week first thing in the morning. Guess my workouts are out the window.

But I am eating better now, and I have gone back to water from Coke and Dr. Pepper. I didn't even drink diet this weekend, but I almost drowned myself in the real thing!

It was so yummy...

So in addition to the fun times I had, I had yummy times as well. Hopefully the memory will serve me well for a looooonnnnnng time!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Thank you so much for that shameless plug!! And you are welcome!!

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you're going through... we've been eating out like crazy since we're in st. louis.. ugh, not good but oh so yummy!

Anonymous said...

Yeah sounds like you did eat pretty good. Your punishment is to work off all those extra calories by tackling the before mentioned Mount St. Laundry. Especially since the gym is conveniently not in your schedule this week.

Hey I put on an old pair of my 32 waist jean shorts yesterday after work.... Umm, kinda tight. I actually haven't worn these shorts for a while. I did find something in the pocket which indicated the last time I wore the shorts... I found a Disney World reciept and get this 3 whole dollars. Whoo Hooo.

Anonymous said...

You are the woman. Ain't no mountain high enough...

You have created a huge dent in the infamous mountain of laundry today. May your momentum carry you through.

Love ya,
Steven

Andrea said...

You ate well!! Those all sound so yummy! But I bet you have had your fix for a while! I will gon on a fast food kick for a while and then be done with it. But I can never say goodbye to DQ's ice cream! I love it!