Monday, May 12, 2008

An iMess

After much heeing and hawing, I broke down last May and passed my great little mp3 player down to Ashley and bought an iPod. It has taken me the whole year to get comfortable with the iTunes software. The software for my creative player was so straight-forward and easy to use, and iTunes is definitely more complicated. I don't particularly like it, but since I love the iPod, I'm willing to convert.

BUT... (Isn't there always a but? And it's not usually a good word either!)

Today really really sucked.

Among other things, I spent like an hour trying to decide which songs to download from all of your suggestions. I found the ones I wanted and started the download at probably 11 a.m. this morning. As of right now, I have 7 songs left, and this is after a continuous download.

Now I know my internet is faster than that. I pay a rather ridiculous amount of money for just our monthly internet bill, since Steven "needs" it for work. (Don't you like that justification? And the company pays for it too! What a great deal there!) I have no viruses, I ran no other programs, and even didn't use the internet much, so there really should be no problem.

And so I did my research. Apparently iTunes is notorious for being slow. I am livid that paying that much for a music player and you have to use such a crappy program.

My level of frustration is very very high. I have not had a good day at all, and this is very stressful on top of everything else.

So to sum it all up: I hate iTunes. I will probably spend the rest of the evening trying to get my songs downloaded, and at this rate it will be tomorrow afternoon before I can really use my computer again.

Mandy, after this crap, I believe I will be taking you up on your offer girl! You're the best!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever tried searching the library for some different music. They actually have a large selection among all of the branches. Might be worth a try and possibly faster than your iTunes downloads.

Susan said...

Are you using the latest version? My iTunes is very fast.