Friday, May 23, 2008

More Nasty Bugs

I really could go and on with stories about nasty critters. For instance, Steven left a comment about the disgusting mice in Kentucky. All I have to say about that is I married Little Bunny Foo Foo. He knocked those mice upside their heads and killed em dead. What a man.

My newest contender, though, has come as a bit of a shock. Last year when we moved here, I was pregnant, sick and miserable, and in bed early every night. So when my neighbor asked me if we had noticed the termites swarming, I was clueless. Well, only until I found some dead inside my house. I cleaned them up and forgot about them.

However (kind of like the infamous "But"), they apparently fly every single spring. Or more like mid-May, to be exact. Happy Mothers Day, huh!!

Last Thursday night, we were up late getting some laundry done and getting me packed to leave for Shreveport and Fort Smith. And that's when I saw them. A butt-load of nasty, crawly ant-like bugs. All. Over. My. House.

*shudder*

They were in the window-sills, in the corners, along the baseboards in the hall, in the bathrooms, in the bedrooms, in the kitchen, by the doors.

What a nightmare. We pulled out the bug spray and sprayed down what we could, like it would even do any good, but it made us feel like effective warriors.

So I left for the weekend, and Steven did run the vacuum, but no detail work was done on the house. I've been running all week, and finally today I had a day to breathe and work my buns off.

I de-termited my house. Oh such a nasty job, but wow does it look good. And you want to know the best part? The stupid little buggers are swarming again right now.

I may have to move to Maine.

4 comments:

The Sanford Family said...

Chris and I finally broke down and hired a Orkin to spray every other month because we were seeing a lot of strange bugs, especially spiders. I hate spiders. They're just down right ugly.

Amanda said...

Put on your BIG girl panties and kill the bugs!!! :o)

Just kidding. The boys were teasing me today b/c we went fishing with the scouts and I wouldn't put the worms on the hook!! They had to have Sister Asplund put them on! They said "See Andrew's Mom will do it, wimp!!"

Laura said...

To Mandy:

You put on your big girl panties and worm that hook! I can kill a bug or two normally, but when we're talking about hundreds!! Seriously!!

My neighbor was working the ballpark concession stand that night and said on of the umpires was COVERED! And they had to run to their cars through them. Eugh.

You come kill the stinkin' bugs, you tough girl, and I will worm your hook.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Maine has its share of unattractive things - actually if you read any Stephen King novels - there are a lot of really weird and horrible things that happen in Maine, at least in his stories.