Ever get a comment that just makes you stick your tongue out at the computer? As if your computer could blast that gesture out to the person who inspired it. I got a little lucky. My comment came from a very close person to me, so close that all I had to do was look up from my monitor and gesture at him. And he knew. He so knew.
I am referring to part of his comment on my Forgot to Eat blog. But here's some background.
Those of you who know me well can all agree with me on this statement. I am always right. It's that simple. There are very very few times in life when I am wrong, and even then I am almost never entirely wrong. I may have a fraction of wrongness. But never, ever am I always wrong.
I have spent my entire relationship with Steven trying to tell him this. I don't know why he doesn't accept it for what it is. We go round and round. Over stupid stuff too. Like for instance pizza dough. Which is thicker, hand-tossed or pan? Well, duh.
(This is just an example, not necessarily an actual fight. But this is a very accurate example.)
I always tell him, just say it. And he always know what I am referring to. And he always hees and haws before, but he says it. My 3 favorite words: You are right.
And he knows I am always right, so for him to get on my blog and spout out that he was right and I am wr-ong, honey, you can Bite Me!!
(Note to all: that was not meant literally. But it's a whole heck of a lot nicer than what I could say to him and a lot more satisfying that sticking out my tongue!!)
In my defense, this is like the second time ever, in a 14 year relationship, that I have even been half wrong. But I am only claiming 1/4 wrong, as I was all of 3 years off the mark.
And besides, who really cares who originally recorded Proud Mary anyways? It was 40 years ago. Join up with the 21st century dude!
6 comments:
Your still wrong.
"Your still wrong" is just wrong.
It's "You're still wrong."
My comment.....after reading and catching up. My favorite post was the forgetting to eat. I didn't read the comments, so after reading this one, I went back to Stephen's comment to see what your bright young man had to say. To be honest, all that I saw was how much he loved you at the end....haha.....so this whole wrong and right thing...cracked me up. You do it again, I remain laughing Laughlin.
What is it about men that they love to do that? I can't ever get Matt to say that I am right, it's like pulling teeth. I am not right very often and I admit it, but he does not give me credit when credit is due!!! Oh well, I just play dumb all the time. :o)
When I AM right I want him to acknowledge it. I'm gonna work on that one.
The motto in our house is "Women are always right." I'm not kidding. Ask Chris. He will admit it.
You guys crack me up! I love that you got that throw in a grammatical correction there too! good stuff! (no offense, stephen)
Post a Comment