1--the number of times Jacob got hit (by Christopher)Top all this with having to deal with all four kids at the ball park while watching Jacob's team get crushed (btw Erin, the score last time I checked it was 15-2), while Steven got to go eat at like the best restaurant in town. And on the way home (it's all of a 10 minute drive) I had to yell at them to stop fighting like at least 12 times.
3--the number of times Christopher got hit (by Jacob and Ashley)
5--the number of times Christoper yelled at Jacob "You're a BAD BOY!"
7--the number of times I heard Christopher crying and I heard the words, "I'm Telling!"
10--the number of times I reminded Ashley to get a move on in her room.
20--the number of minutes I set the timer for them to have their rooms done.
30--the actual number of minutes I gave them to finish their rooms and it STILL WASN'T DONE!!!
15--the number of threats I made. From everything of "No breakfast until your room is finished" to "If you don't hurry, you are gonna sit out and watch us swim later. No swimming for you." It didn't work.
24--the number of times I said to Sydney, "You are such an angel." To which she replied, "Haa. Haa." (She really did.)
80--the number of days until my sanity returns and the kids go back to school.
And when Ashley finally finished up her room, I told her to go switch around the laundry so she could put her dirty clothes in the washer. While she was doing this, I went and hopped in the shower. While I was lavishing under the steaming hot water, it went dead cold. Apparently that child, for the first time in her little life, decided to start the washing machine without being told.
And when I sent Ashley in for a shower in my bathroom, I told her specifically, "Do Not touch anything in there that you are not supposed to touch." So what does she do? She doused herself in so much perfume, I could smell it from the living room. And the bathroom door was closed!
She also painted her face with my makeup, including her eyebrows black with mascara. So she got in trouble. And you wanna know what part of it made her mad? I sent her back for another shower. She came out in like all of two minutes. So I told her to go back. She said, I just need to go get my soap. And I was all, "What do you mean you need your soap? There is soap in there, go use it!" And she's all, "I can't find any!" So I'm like, "Are you serious? What did you use the first time around? Nothing? GET IN THE SHOWER NOW!!!!!!!" I went to check on her and she was just a boo-hoo-ing in the shower. But I checked. She had a bar of soap in her hand.
*Deep Breath* It's still not quite over. Christopher's nighttime crisis was that Rainbow Bear's shirt got ripped, so he's naked. I had to tell him that bears have fur that makes them not need clothes anyway. I think he feels a little better. But he's got him all snuggled up under a blanket in the living room. Guess he thinks he still might be a tad cold.
The highlight of my day was when Steven came home and told me that it was ok if I stop and get the kids dinner on the way home from the ballpark tonight. Thanks hon! 'Preciate that. But now I'm about to come find you for a shoulder rub. Tonight's not the night to turn me down.
Thank goodness for grandparents, who are going to lavish attention and love on two little boys who will bring energy and testosterone to their household for a week. YAY!!
YOU BETTER NOT BACK OUT!!!!
1 comment:
Oh Yeah! I forgot to tell you that I have to go to Houston all week next week so we can't keep the boys....Just kidding!!! I am excited to have them here! I'm sure they will be perfect angels. The "No Swimming" threat usually works pretty good.
Post a Comment