Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Back On The Wagon Again


I laughed when I typed the title in. How many times have I fallen off? But I guess the important thing is picking yourself up and climbing back on.

The diet is back on. After a good month of being off, I've only gone back up a couple of pounds, so I'm still ten down. I back to working my butt off, hopefully for another ten.

The pain-in-the-butt of the whole thing is dragging all the kids to the gym every day. Or try to motivate myself in the evening, which is a bit like trying to move a fat cow with a twig. Kinda hard to do.

And try getting my sweet kiddos up at a good workout hour to go to the gym. I went in to wake Jake up at 10 this morning, and he said to me, "Go Away, I can sleep til 11." (That only made me more determined to get his tail up right then. I am NOT letting my 7 year old sleep until 11.)

So right now, I have to say goodbye. Goodbye yummy fudge rounds, and sonic blasts with extra m&m's and Cane's chicken fingers and lemonade! Next time you see me, I will be ten pounds lighter. Whoo Hoo!

5 comments:

Minnie said...

Good luck.

You can do it.

Amanda said...

Good luck to you!!! I am down 20 and still want to lose another 20-25!!! Cardio Studio is loving me at 5:15 in the morning.......YUK!!

Gotta do what we gotta do though!! Keep up the motivation. I know it worked for me. It makes it a lot easier to get up in the morning now that most of my clothes are getting pretty baggy too!!!

Anonymous said...

Sleeping.. that's the best way I like the kids. It's summer, let him sleep and be lazy!! For some reason, the sun and water always exhaust my kids. They sleep more and eat more.

Good luck with getting back on the wagon! I know you can do it!

Anonymous said...

I've never tried to move a cow with a twig... but I bet if poked in sensitive areas (like eyes) the cow will move easily, maybe not a happy cow about it, but still a moving cow.

Anonymous said...

I am finally caught up on the blog. Great stories. Good luck with the diet. I've been in the cheating mode myself lately. Let's see.....I count 6 bad things I ate today. I did eat some asparagus so maybe that cancels out some of the bad stuff.