Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Lots of Mocabulary Here


Londie and I got an email the other day from a girl in our old ward. (Yes, to borrow from Amy, this is mocabulary--Mormons + Vocabulary).



It read:
Hey gals, I'm off to camp this morning, and I was thinking of the two of
you! This could be my last or my 2nd to last year going to camp. It's been
an amazing ride. Thanks so much for 3 of the best camp years ever! I'm still
going and the two of you probably had a major role in that. Things change
and so have I, it's been for the good. I'll look at our bench from time to
time while I'm there and think of us, and how it was only two summers ago
and how things have completely changed since then. Your the best Leaders and
friends anyone could ever ask for!!
How great it is to hear your hard work had some effect on someone.

Yes, hanging out with the youth day in and day out is hard work. On the other hand, hanging out with, say, Sunbeams is harder.

Give me the youth any day.

And either I'm just that good, or I'm even better at faking it.

Either way, this brought a great smile. Thanks girl!

2 comments:

Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

bery bery cute

Anonymous said...

That's great. I would guess that about zero Elders would ever write to me and say that I had a lasting effect on their lives while I was the quorum president. Men just don't write letters like that I guess.