
I don't really have anything specific to blog about today. Except that it's Friday and I feel like it should be a Monday. I'm just blah. It's not that I don't have anything to look forward to. We are headed to parents this weekend for some swimming and birthday party fun. I haven't seen my boys in a week, so it will be fun to play with them and get to see others over there too.
But I woke up this morning with that same darn sore throat again. This is day four, and I do feel better. I had the whole head sinus thing going on the first day, and that's pretty much gone. And my throat's not especially raw, but more swollen. So I guess that means there's still infection fighting going on in there.
I don't know where I got this from. Christopher did have a mild sore throat a couple of weeks ago, but it was short lived, so I can't imagine I actually got this from him. Who knows. Doesn't matter. Except that we are supposed to see the in-laws in the morning, and with MIL about to start chemo for breast cancer, I can't exactly go around her with my sick germs. She absolutely can not get sick right now, and although she said, "Oh no, it's ok" I said, "No, it's not ok, it's not worth it," to which she replied, "no it's not."
And add to that that baby has decided she needs to wake up now at 4 am and nurse. Not once, but now for two consecutive nights. And boy she can scream. So I obliged, like the good trained mommy I am, and it's not like it helped her sleep later or anything. She's still waking up between 6 and 7 a.m. to nurse again. But she's getting acquainted with Barney these days, as after nursing, I pop her in the entertainer at the foot of my bed and turn on the DVD. I am amazed at how early Barney becomes fascinating. I've really got to work on Ashley and making her forget her Barney songs.
So I hope you all have a great weekend. I'll pull myself up off this computer, throw my butt in the shower and manage to get some clothes washed, packed and the house straightened again before heading off on our adventure. And at some point I'm sure my blah will turn into happy. If it doesn't, I guess I can throw the baby at Gran at 6 a.m. and go back to bed. Because that's what grandmothers are for.
Oh, by the way, the birthday party--Gran's. Lordy Lordy Look Who's Forty! HaHa, can yall believe that?!! (Although not for another week, technically. But when you throw your party early, we get to start the teasing early. That's how it works.)
5 comments:
I have the same can't get up off my rump, needing to get things done blahs. lol
Have a good time this weekend!
You know, I swear it's the Spring to Summer transition that wears a person out. Trying to do all the things we need to do and balance it with things we *want* to do....that's what I find frustrating. It's hard to do, thus the blahs ensue....
Hang in there. Many of us feel the same way.
Hi Dana,
Yes, Yes, Yes, you totally get it!! That combined with ADD is just rough sometimes. And then I need a swift kick in the rear!! I'm hanging in...
Thanks for letting me sleep in while you were here. That was a good birthday present especially since your plan was to wake me up at 6am. When you get old like me you need your sleep, especially after being awake until 1 or 2 am for many nights in a row. I enjoyed the party. Sorry your throat still hurts. Hopefully you got some meds.
Gran,
We have a 70 something year old man at our church who just swears by frequent naps and plenty of sleep. He is in good shape and is very healthy. He says that when he misses his naps he starts to get sick and that is the only time that he gets a cold. I am not sure about his emperical data but I know that we all like to sleep late.
We had fun at the part and during the whole visit. Thanks for being a great host.
Laura,
Hope you are feeling better tomorrow.
Love,
Steven
Post a Comment