Today was day three of rehearsals and in a couple of hours, we'll be on rehearsal number 4. Tonight's should be interesting, as it's the whole dance school. A full run through before the dress rehearsal tomorrow. Oh yeah, we're scheduled for five rehearsals total, with the understanding that another one will be scheduled if needed on Friday. The actual recital doesn't happen until Saturday night, get this, at 8 p.m.
Have you ever heard of such a thing? These little dancing queens, who go to bed at 8, are starting their dancing at said time. Now, for my little night wanderer, this shouldn't be a problem, but I look at some of these teensy little ones who are participating, and think, "wow, sucks to be their mom on Saturday!"
But Ashley is quite in her element, and she's getting brave too. She was intimidated by the thought of taking the acro class this year, so she's the only girl her age not in the class. We watched their rehearsal today, and they aren't doing anything I can't teach the girl relatively quickly to do. She's wavering, I can tell. One minute she's all, "I saw them do it all mom, and it's so cool! I bet I could do that." And the next she's like, "No, I'm not taking that, it's too hard!! I can't do that."
And since I'm
1 comment:
gotta love it.
Post a Comment