Last night, I was really looking forward to my bed. I was tired, it was late, and as I was getting ready for bed, I noticed a sound: bump, bump, bump, bump. It went on and on and on.
So I opened up my back door, and I was greeted with the lovely sounds of gangsta rap. Now normally, I'm all for a good party. I could've gone ahead and thrown a fabulous one right then without having to provide any music myself, since they provided the service for me. But really, this is not something I should be hearing, in my neighborhood, at 10:30 p.m. Not something I should then hear in my house, all closed up with the air and all fans running, including the noisy one Steven insists on sleeping with. And definitely not something I should hear after I turn on the ipod and pop the earphones in my ears. Of course, classical music doesn't have much hope of drowning out gangsta rap. It's like putting a bull and a kitten up to fight.
I should have called the Sheriff right then. Poor Jake was in his bed wide awake. His bed is by the window on the side of the house closest to the hooligans. So he moved to the couch and hoped for the best. I don't know how Steven slept so soundly through it. I kept having to poke him with my elbow to get him to quit snoring in my ear.
So finally I managed to fall asleep amid the loud thumping and bumping, thinking it's only a party, it'll turn off soon. And I woke to the sounds of thumping and bumping this morning at 7 a.m.
I called my neighbor and the first words out of her mouth were "Is the music bothering you too?"
So now it's almost ten and it's still going. So I called it in. I've never called a police station before, and of course they sounded nice and friendly and will jump right on it! Only it's been almost an hour and still, I hear thumping and bumping.
My boys, the big protectors they are, went outside this morning and screamed, "TURN THAT MUSIC OFF RIGHT NOW!!!!!" as loud as they could.
I'm afraid that if it doesn't turn off soon I will hear the bumping and thumping in my head permanently.
Edited: It's finally off, now that it's 18 hours and two sheriff visits later. Hoodlums.
7 comments:
Are you kidding me?
I'd be furious at this point if I were you.
That's insane, not to mention incredibly poor taste.
I did LOL at your "I kept having to poke him with my elbow."
You sould have poked to the beat and see if he sleep dances.
Did they all get drunk and fall asleep with the music on or something???
That is ridiculous!! I would've had my husband (I make him do all the dirty work) call way, WAY sooner.
Laura,
Several of your posts ago, the one about ashley staying awake all night, I made a comment to the effect of : "I must have slept through all of that." Well, just ditto that comment for this post: "I must have slept through all of that, music and poking." Now I know why I have sore ribs at work. Never could figure out that mystery. I almost had in chalked up to old age.
Love you,
STeven
Now Laura, you cannot tell me that you NEVER made noise late at night that would have kept neighbors up!!??
Don't try to tell lies either!! HA!!! I hope you get some sleep from now on. I am sure that they will stop now that some party pooper called the police on them multiple times!!! LOL!!!
DANG...that would have driven me nuts, too!!!
i ♥ your new blog! very cute!!!
Post a Comment