Thursday, July 17, 2008

Don't Read If You Are Sick Of My Whining!

I don't really have a point to this post. I am sitting around in my pajamas waiting on the kids to finish cleaning their rooms and put their clothes on so we can all eat breakfast. Around my house it's smarter to feed the masses after everything is done rather than before. Gives a little incentive. But they don't care. It doesn't change much at all.

Tip: The timer doesn't work either. I've already done that today.

In fact, my five year old, who is supposed to be in his room cleaning is currently on his head with his legs up in the air, leaning against the couch and shouting that he's on his head. I don't guess he thinks I'm close enough to hear him well. I'm all of five feet away.

I woke up pretty determined to pick up the house, put away some laundry and get out of the house today. The kids have been asking to go to the fountains in town, so maybe we will head there. IF they ever get their rooms done.

Jacob told me he was finished at one point and I had to go and point out to him that hiding dirty clothes under his toys in his closet doesn't, in fact, make a clean room. He said, " Awwww Mannnn..."

Ashley has a box in her room that's been her clubhouse this week. I caught her throwing everything on her floor into it. I had to tell her that if I found lots of stuff in there I would pick it up and carry the entire box, along with everything in it, out to the garbage can outside. So she scowled at me and then crawled in to unload it.

I'm already ready for a nap. Sydney's had me up since 7:15, which yes I do realize isn't all that early. But consider the fact that although the older kids were in be by 10 last night, they didn't fall asleep until after midnight. I had to stay awake and police them. They like to play and talk and sneak out of bed and try to find lights to read by. And they are so shocked when they get caught. DUH!!!

So anyway, tonight's going to be an out of the house night for me, thanks to the lady over at A to Z who is giving us a little shopping party. Frankly, I don't care what we do over there, I just want out of here!!

Two more weeks until I can go lounge on the beach for a week! I am counting down and seriously ready. Who cares if I have to take the entire family with me?? It's the beach! We are all happy at the beach. And when we get home, well, even better, I get to sent the monkeys back to school! Whoo Hoo!!!!!

We just might have to go buy our school supplies today. Wishful thinking!!!

No comments: