Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A Hero

I was perusing through a friends photos on myspace today, being lazy and trying to ignore the work that needs to be done behind me. Namely the laundry, the vacuuming, the dusting, the sweeping and mopping and bathrooms and kitchen and going to the grocery store...Do you see why I just shut down?

But that's not my point. I actually just want to give a great big ol shout out to this lady.

Her name is Michelle. She is the mother of a 7 year old boy, almost 8, who is beautiful, loving, and has autism. Michelle's struggles are daily and are what most of us can never imagine having to deal with. She's amazing.


This is a picture of her telling Gov. Bobby Jindal what the new law he had just signed (the one making it mandatory for insurance companies to cover therapies for the autistic) will mean to her life. This brings tears to my eyes. What a wonderful day for her!

Way to go Michelle!! YOU GO GURL!!!

3 comments:

JNew said...

That's wonderful!

Sissi M. said...

That's not tears in my eyes, they're just glistening from the sun...(sniff) That was beautiful!

The Sanford Family said...

How wonderful!!! Claire has a disorder that's in the autisim famlily. Chris and I volunteer with the local MRDD and one of our projects is trying to make more resources available to those who have any sort of developmental disorder. What an amazing thing to happen.