Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Wouldn't You Want Your Blanket and Bear?

Sitting in Dillard's bathroom today, waiting on Christopher, who was taking for-ev-er, we had an interesting little conversation.

Jacob informed me that he really wants to go to kid heaven because he wants to be able to swim every single day and it never ever rain. Ashley is worried they won't have bathing suits there, but I assured her she would be fine.

Jacob has also told me when he dies, he wants his entire lego collection, in it's big box, and his whole army set to go in his grave with him. That way he can keep playing with them. He was a little confused to find out that he can be buried with his toys but he can't take them with him.

Ashley wants to take her American Girl dolls. I'm shocked she didn't think to mention bringing her Troy doll (HSM) too.

I am sure that the lady sitting in the stall listening to us was only taking so long because we were so entertaining.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"kid heaven," that's cute. i agree with the swimming pool and no rain.

my kids are also obsessed w/ death right now. they're into the movie, lion king where mufasa dies and their g'mother's dog died a little while back. it's too abstract for them to grasp the whole concept, but they talk about it ALL the time.. kind of creepy.

Anonymous said...

Well that is interesting. I don't really ever remembering the kids talk about dying. And yes I am sure that lady in the next stall was about to bust a gut from trying not to laugh at you guys. I hate it when the boys want to have a conversation in the men's room. I alway say, "yes, that's nice, now hurry it up!"

Love you,
Steven

Wendy said...

Thank heavens for that Dillard Bathroom, for me when the twins were less than a year it was like my retriet durring an outing. I love the chairs and sitting area. Now I know it serves just as well when the kids get older!!!

I remember when I would not even think about going to heaven if their were no ski slopes.. but things change .... look where I am living now..not a ski slope in site and I am already in Heaven on most days..