Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Making Progress

I am proud to report that after 18 months of living in this house, we are FINALLY removing some of the nails the previous owner had in the wall, taking down the pictures we had stuck up there and are repositioning them where we want them.

Unfortunately I had to bribe my husband to do this work for me. You didn't actually think I was doing it myself did you? (No, I am listening to him hammer as I type.) Don't worry, he will be a happy man later. *wink, wink*

And it only took a bunch of people coming over this weekend to motivate us to do so.

With that said, I am busily trying to get ready for Sydney's birthday. Since I have already given her her presents, that part is done. Now we are trying to have a little party. Not a big one, although you wouldn't know it from the cake I ordered. It's fancy schmancy. And I get to help make it. So that will take a large part of Friday, I am sure.

And to make matters worse, that vacation I keep hollering about is looming. Finally.

Only we are leaving right smack after the birthday party. For a week. On the beach.

Which means loads of packing to do. Not just normal packing, but I have to figure out how to fit 6 beach chairs (yes, my baby has her own beach chair), four beach umbrellas, and all of the requisite toys, buckets and nets in with our suitcases. I'd sure like to bring the wagon too. Oh, and the ice chest. Yep, packin' em in like sardines.

So all of you who are doing the mundane life thing next week, I will leave you with my absolute favorite saying of all time.


When life hands you lemons, go to the beach.


And then think of me, laying out under my umbrella, my closed eyes covered by my sunglasses, lazily napping in the warm gulf breeze while my children play close by, probably burying the baby in the sand and catching critters to torment.

And when we get home, after a full week in the sun, my solar-powered batteries will be recharged. And I can send the kids off to school.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

There is absolutely no way that you are going to be napping on that beach with 4 kids running around. With 4 kids you are sure to have at least 6 cases an hour of someone needing something. So... while you are dealing with the needs of the kids I'll be the one napping. That can be my reward for hanging all of your pictures.

Love you,
Steven

Laura said...

Oh No, Uh uh, No Way.

That wasn't the deal and you know it. My part will soon be fulfilled and then I will be free to nap away. You're just lucky I LET you come with me this time, so I could have a babysitter. And honey, you're it.

Anonymous said...

Awesome - I am excited about your beach trip the way you talk about it. Have fun, don't think about us... see you when you come back. The party sounds fun too :-) I hope we're gonna make it to the beach this year.

Andrea said...

Sounds like a fun vacation!! Your husband's comments crack me up!!

And who is making your cake? That is too cute!! Lydia might need one like that for her birthday!!! Too cute!!

Anonymous said...

ugh, packing.. good luck w/ that one!

congrats on getting your pics where you want them. we did the same thing.. we just put pics wherever there were already nails. L-A-Z-Y!

and, how i wish i could fit in your suitcase and enjoy the beach with you.. it's been 7 years since i've been :(

does your #3 start kindergarten this year?? so, it'll just be you and the baby??? wow!

Laura said...

I am having a lady in the ward who does cakes make it, but I get to help and learn! It should be a very long day doing that for me.

Also, Christopher is starting kindergarten, but he has been in full time preschool five days a week at the school with the other kids, so it isn't too much of a change for him or us. I LOVE it just being me and the baby during the day!!

AND my pictures look so good!!