What in the world makes kids think that rules are not for them? I am SO SICK of telling my kids, well, one specific child over and freaking over again to follow the freaking rules! It's not hard.
Yesterday she got grounded for sneaking food into her room YET again. She ate all of my rainbow sprinkles. Today, it's been the food again, not listening when I ask her to do something, making a sandwich with three peices of bread and then throwing it into the freaking garbage without taking a single bite, and the list goes on and on and on.
Lots of stupid little things adding up to one pissed off mama. This is my rant since if I yell at her again I'm going to really really be a bad parent. I have fussed and fussed, and tried to explain why following rules is important, put her in time out, took her "room" from her since that's where all her favorite things are, and then just now with the sandwich was kind of the last straw.
I went off. Really loud. I didn't yell long, I just yelled at her that I am sick and tired of this crap and her not following rules, and what do I have to do to get it into her head that it's NOT ok to do what you want, but you have to follow rules. Rules that are very very clear to her.
I am not being a very good mom today. I wasn't yesterday either. Sometimes I think I need a nerve pill to deal with my four, uh, special kids.
That was sarcastic, but it isn't. They actually are very very special, and very very smart which makes it so much more frustrating when they do stupid things.
And then I think of all the stupid things I do and I wonder why Heavenly Father isn't standing up there screaming at me! Well, maybe he is...in his own way. Of course, I am sure the atmosphere in Heaven is like unto a nerve pill for us. So then he wouldn't scream, he'd be incredibly patient.
I'm trying...And in the meantime I believe I will start some research to see which areas of the country are conducting school year round. I do believe my family could benefit from it.
5 comments:
I think parts of Utah do year round school!! LOL!! I am with ya on that!!
Oh honey you need to breathe!
Yep, I've been doing that all week. Today I'm trying something new:
YOU CANNOT PISS ME OFF UNLESS I DECIDE YOU ARE ALLOWED TO PISS ME OFF.
(Shew, sorry 'bout the language, but sometimes you need that umph from a select word or two).
And I'm making rules, posting them and they have two days to start adapting. After two days... it's a declared war.
Mine are 12 and 9. The 12 year old suddenly thinks she's smarter than me and can *pick and choose* on HER TIMEFRAME *if and when* she will do something I *tell* her to do. And the 9 year old? She's starting down the path of big sissy.
LOL!! Don't worry, I have woken afreshed with that exact philosophy today. I also went and bought poster board for posting rules and I'm cracking down. They will learn, we will be happy, and it's all because I say so!!!
I still vote that you need a vacation.
how long til you get to go to that beach?
Post a Comment