Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Rain, Rain, GO AWAY!! And come back when the kids go to school.

Oy, it's going to be a long day.

I woke up this morning, too late for the movie we'd plan on going to, to the sounds of rain falling. Not a storm, but a relaxing steady rain shower.

I love hearing the rain. This is the kind of morning that's perfect for laying around, snuggling under a blanket and doing nothing.

But amidst the sounds of the rain was the sound of a baby crying. So I hauled myself up out of the bed and shuffled across the house to get her, then back to my room where we snuggled. Usually she will go back to sleep for another hour or so with me, but I guess where the sound of rain relaxed me, it energized her.

And where it energized her, it made my other kids cranky. As in stay-away-or-else kind of cranky. Which makes me cranky. Which makes them crankier, and it's just a bad downward spiral.

This post is my attempt at pulling myself together. Hopefully I will be able to face whatever they throw at me. I predict it's going to be one very long, very rainy day.

Christopher is already crying at every little thing. He cried when I told him to get dressed. He cried when I told him to go lay on my bed and watch Barney. He cried when I told him not to pull the trains out since he fought with Sydney all day yesterday over them. (Yesterday was a very long day with that child too.) So now he is sitting on my bed just crying. And I am sitting here rolling my eyes.

It's going to be a very long day, indeed.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh I just love mornings like that! The crying and fighting. It's so wonderful. I hope your day gets better!!

Unknown said...

You could have let them play in the rain on the patio. But I guess Christopher would have cried about that too.

Love you,
Steven