Monday, August 11, 2008

Beach Blast

We had a fantastic time at the beach last week. It was just what I needed. I had it all. I had waves to keep the kids occupied swimming and catching critters, they had sand for digging and wearing their little muscles out, sun to make me look good, a husband to stand by at my beck and call babysit and wind to keep me cool while I napped. It was fantastic.

I even have a few funny stories to share, along with some fantastic pictures, but I'll post those later.

In the meantime, I think I will tell you about my little Christopher.

Christopher loves to pee outside. He loves the convenience of dropping his pants whenever the urge hits and relieving himself. He has no inhibitions. The other week at the water park, he told me he had to pee, so I pointed out the bathroom to him, which was right next to where we were are. My son got out of the pool, grabbed himself to situate his weenie, and proceeded to pee on the concrete in a puddle of water out the side of his shorts.

I was mortified.

So when he came to me out on the beach and said he had to pee, I thought he would be delighted when Steven pointed him back towards the water. (Oh come on, you know you all do it.) Christopher looked at us as if to say, REALLY!! and ran back to the water.

But he stopped short of going in. He stood on the shore and proceeded to pull down his trunks. Luckily Steven got to him before he unloaded to give him more detailed instructions.

Once he got Christopher situated in the water, he walked back up to me, and with a laugh said, "I never thought I'd have to teach that skill!"

3 comments:

npage79 said...

that's hilarious. I am glad I do not have the only child who loves to pee outside. Colby will drop his pants and pee anywhere too.

JNew said...

a week on the beach - lucky!

Anonymous said...

Did I tell you about the time at Jacob's ball practice. I was helping in the field by catching balls that the first baseman failed to catched. As I was standing there Christopher runs around the field to where I was standing. He informs me that he has to pee. I said okay there is a wood pile right over there you should go behind it. Well, as with your story he didn't quite get the message. He must not have heard the words from my mouth but he saw my hand pointing towards the wood pile. So he walked over a couple of feet in the direction of the wood pile and proceeded to perform his task. I didn't see this at first because I had turned my attention back to the practice. When I turned to check on him I then caught him finishing up. He was practically in the middle of right field. Luckily not a single person saw because the coach was giving detailed batting instructions and everyone was focus on home plate. fun stuff.

Steven