Thursday, August 21, 2008

He's Engrossed

Hubs started school this week, going back after 10 years out. He seems overall pleased with it, but then, why not? He helps me get the kids up in the morning and then kisses them and heads out the door while I wrestle their clothes on, stuff food down their throats and wipe toothpaste globs off their sink get em ready for school.

After school, while I am killing myself at home, he's sitting in a nice air conditioned classroom listening to some old guy drone on and on, and when he's done, he comes home. If he's lucky he might make it in time for prayers and bedtime. If not, oh well, I do it alone.

My point? He's got it made!!

Tonight I left him home doing homework while I ran to the store in his car. The moment I got in, I could tell what he'd been doing that evening. And of course, I can't pass up an opportunity that good, so I gave him a quick call.

Me: Hey, you've been farting in the car again, haven't you.

Him: What? No.

Me: Oh yes you have. It reeks!

Him: I don't have time for this. Bye.

Unbelievable. I bugged him.

So I was sitting here just now, with my feet up, relaxing and surfing the web and thinking what a darn good job I did tonight without him when...I tooted. Steven, sitting across the room working on his laptop, didn't even look up.

Maybe I'm just have some insane need for attention, but really guys, a fart always gets a notice at my house. It's like a rule of nature or something.

And I'm thinking this could be big fun! I have an amazing opportunity here, I think. I wonder what else he can study through? Any ideas would be totally appreciated, and I'll even let ya know how they worked!

In the meantime, I'm off to make some spitballs!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

You are such a dork!!! I am sure the newness of studying will soon wear off and he will be laughing at all of your bodily functions once again! (he is a guy)

If not then just eat whatever you can to MAKE them get his attention. You know you can't ignore those smells!!! eeewwww!!!

Anonymous said...

Let him study! I hated it when I was overwhelmed with papers and homework and the kids would fight for my attention.

Let his hard work pay off and when he's feeling confident, he'll give you plenty of attention :)

Unknown said...

I did not Fart in the car!!! You are a worm.

npage79 said...

I think this is hilarious. I'm amazed he was able to ignore the fart. Atleast he's taking school serious.