Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A glimpse into my new life

Well, I thought I'd go ahead and start my whining now. I'm sure you will all get to hear loads about it in the next few years, so this is your heads up.

Hubs has started on his MBA. Right now that means school for him three nights a week right after work. But don't worry, I'm not whining about the fact that this means I will have to put four kids in the bed alone. Nor am I whining about having to cook them dinner, make them eat said dinner, set the timer over and over to give deadlines for their consumption, or listen to their, "but I want chocolate milk!" cries.

I'm not whining about having to supervise shower and baths for four kids. Not about the clothes they leave lying on the floor after their shower, or the toothpaste globs in the sink that no one seems to find disgusting except myself, or the water that doesn't get wiped up from the shower curtain not being all the way in the tub.

I'm not whining about shuffling kids in the afternoons to their activities. Not about three days of dance classes on the other side of town, cub scout meetings, or baseball practices. And I am for sure not whining about having to pull out my hair to avoid screaming at kids who refuse to do their homework! I mean, really, when the teacher tells you to put your name on the "Name" blank, that doesn't mean to scrawl it completely across the entire top of the paper! And when I say to erase it and rewrite your name "regular" that doesn't give permission for a whine/scream/cry fest. Just do it already! It's only your friggin name!

I'm not whining b/c I'm only going be home with hubs two nights a week with nothing going on. That would be the weekend, folks, and unfortunately it doesn't include Friday nights.

Nope, I'm whining b/c on top of my seriously spinning-into-craziness life, I have a new calling. (That would be mocab. for free work at church.) Ward Food Storage Specialist.

So now that I'm dealing with my own food storage, I've got to worry about everyone else's too. (Oh yeah, Food storage is mocab. for the year's worth of food we horde away. See, it gets more interesting all the time!) That's what I'm whining about.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is NO reason to start drinking! Keep your head up; you'll get into a routine soon and everything will be fine.

Good luck w/ the new calling ;)

And, congrats on hubs going to graduate school! Mine can't stand the thought of going back to school.

npage79 said...

I feel your pain. I really, really do.

Amanda said...

Well, don't do the hanky panky on those days with Steven or you just might get one more thing to whine about!!!!! LOL!!!!

And I just updated my blog and now I am #12 I do not have much faith in your automatic shuffle!!!!

Anonymous said...

Bekah,

I know exactly how Dustin feels. I has been 11 years since my undergrad so I think I'm ready.

Mrs. Mondier,

...uh, no comment.

Laura,

With all this going on in your life I can't believe the only thing you really have to whine about is the church calling. Just know that I love you and appreciate you.

Love,
Steven