Is there such a place? Luckily we managed to get through the week with no stings! At least of my children. We had several friends with us who all had kids who got stung. My kids, however, were not the jellyfish prey, they were the jellyfish predator.
One of the biggest joys my kids have at the beach is catching as much of whatever they can get. They line up buckets along the shore and make little homes for their friends. Crabs and fish get seawater, sand, shells, and names.
Jellyfish, it appears, are not so lucky.
In my relaxed state it took me awhile to realize exactly what was going on, but when I did, I found kids digging a huge hole a good distance away from the shore. Upon closer inspection, I found within this hole one large space centered in the middle of smaller compartments.
These kiddos proceeded to catch enough of the creatures to fill up their prison, and torture they did. They, one at a time, stuck sticks in the fish before sending them off to their cells. In the end, we buried them a proper burial and labeled the grave, lest unsuspecting innocent people walking by happen upon them with bare feet.
I keep telling myself, "It's just jellyfish. It's not like they are torturing a kitten or something." That's something, right?
4 comments:
Hey, if it kept them busy and out of your hair.. then let them torture! The sand and beach look glorious; I'm so jealous!
If it makes you feel better saying that then keep telling yourself that, but keep in mind serial killers didn't start with humans first.
ooohhhh...I like that second comment!!! I was just going to say that we are ALL God's creatures!!
Looks like you had fun at the beach. I am still shooting for a cruise next year. Start saving!!!
Cruises don't have jelly fish.
Post a Comment