Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Betrothed

Betrothed...who thought of such a word? Why don't you just say engaged? What's the difference?
Well, no matter, because that's what Sydney is. Betrothed.

See I have this very good friend, one of the best, actually, and we have some funny, well, ok, not funny, freaky coincidences.

For instance, we both lived in Arkansas. In the same town. We were both from Louisiana and have extended family living twenty minutes from each other. Both go to same church too.

We both married engineers. (Although mine is way hotter and less annoying--hehe)
We are both stay at home moms, both had three kids. Our oldest are girls, same ages, next two, boys, sames ages...are you seeing a pattern?

Then one weekend her mom and sister come for a visit, and low and behold, I know her sister! We went to church together in Louisiana, and did playgroup together.

So when Londie got pregnant a couple of years ago, I laughed. She said, "You have 9 months to get pregnant." And I laughed again.

In fact, I continued to laugh for the whole pregnancy since it was, uh, an adjustment.

The morning she went to the hospital to have her baby, I called her with the news of my upcoming bundle of joy. She laughed.

And with all of the freaky coincidences, I just new I'd have a boy, since that's what she had. But since I didn't, and I broke the pattern (or maybe she did?) we've settled on their upcoming marriage. Before she was born. They don't have a chance.

So whenever they're together, we take pictures of them together to post at their reception. They even had their first Santa pics together!


But hey, if you gotta share your grandkids with inlaws, it might as well be someone you LIKE right?

P.S. Since Arkansas, our hubs have both left their jobs and moved back to Louisiana. Within like 10 months of each other. See? Freaky!!

3 comments:

JNew said...

if they really do get married those will be great pics at the reception...do you have one of them in the bathtub together???

Anonymous said...

What stinks is that we got the girl and will have to fork it out for the wedding... Just kidding. I wouldn't trade our little Sydney for anything. Although you had to suffer a whole lot, I'm am glad we did have number 4. She is great.

Love you,
Steven

npage79 said...

What a cute little couple. Can't wait for the wedding.