Ever watch one of those movies you just know is going to be fabulous and then is worse than a dud?
I have had this movie out from the library for probably a month now. It was due (oh crap!) 2 weeks ago! We won't go into how I could have popped online and renewed it and avoided two weeks of late fees! I had no idea it had been that long!
Anyway, the plan tonight was to watch and return tomorrow. I didn't want to take it back without seeing it because I just knew it was going to be worth my time.
I put the kids in bed, turned on the tv and climbed on the couch with my pillow and blanket. The back of the movie promised me a lady learning to really live with the help of the love of her life. Sound promising? I love a good romance story!
Yeah, it started with a freaking fight. And then the make up. And then he died. That's just the beginning. The entire movie was about how before he died he wrote her letters to be delivered periodically, and so then she had a horrible time picking up her life and living again. And although the letters made her do a few things, they just made her ache more.
I spent two whole freaking hours crying. And now I have to pay two weeks of late fees. Geez.
10 comments:
I tried to watch this movie last week, but I kept falling asleep!
Good for you. A much better use of your time!
I HATED this movie also. Who the heck has a funeral in a bar? That movie was too weird. I was so disappointed because I heard such great reviews about it so I was really expecting it to be great!
I'm totally with you on this one! Sorry about your late fees :(
I'm so glad to know because this movie was on my list of ones I want to see, and I just can't take the so sad they make you want to cry the whole time movies these days. We rented 'No Reservations' last weekend, and it was good, but it had too many make you wanna cry scenes for me.
I guess it all depends on what you're expecting when you go into a movie. I thought this one looked completely stupid, but Natalie bought it, so I borrowed it and I thought it was alright. Harry Connick Jr made me laugh alot with his tourette-like comments.
Me too! All the reviews said it was a great romantic movie. So, I rented it. Ha! What a waste of time and money.
I did not want to see this movie. I thought it looked like crap, and romantic movies are not my prefered choice (i like action and lots of it),but i liked it. I also went into it prepared to be disappointed so maybe that had something to do with why I liked it.
I agree that the movie was quite the dud. I generally don't enjoy romance movies and this one I really did not enjoy. But I did enjoy the time that you and I spent hanging out on the couch watching the show together.
I love that movie, and I cried the entire time. Maybe I am a dork, but I thought it was good. I like a good cry every now and then. I love how at the end she finds a new love and her mom finds someone who made her laugh. It kinda made me want to go and get me a hunky Irish man. But then I realized I have a hunky Cajun man!! LOL
Ditto. The only reason I watched this movie was that we had rented two movies that night and the other was about a girl and too many brides maid's dresses. We didn't watch that one past the first 10 minutes! The former was the better choice...
Sorry you wasted so much money and time on it.
Post a Comment