Well, we finally did it. We hit a new milestone. Are you ready for this one?
Weaning.
Well, sort of. Yesterday was day one of absolutely no nummies all day long! Her favorite is first thing in the morning, which I am so grateful to get rid of. Nursing while trying to fix lunches, get breakfast, and get three other kids dressed and shuffled off to school ON TIME (so I don't go to jail) is quite a challenge.
So when she didn't even try to get it yesterday, I was estatic. Unfortunately, her feelings yesterday did not carry over to this morning. And at this point, I have two hard rocks that would love to give in to this baby. But by sticking to my guns and not giving in, I have ten extra minutes this morning!
Ashley is feeling very sad and sorry for Sydney. She told me to "just give that baby her nummies." And then she picked her up and snuggled her when I said no. They are sort of freaked out I won't feed her in such a way today.
So, so far, so good. If I can only keep my resolve today and not give in. Wish me luck!
Weaning.
Well, sort of. Yesterday was day one of absolutely no nummies all day long! Her favorite is first thing in the morning, which I am so grateful to get rid of. Nursing while trying to fix lunches, get breakfast, and get three other kids dressed and shuffled off to school ON TIME (so I don't go to jail) is quite a challenge.
So when she didn't even try to get it yesterday, I was estatic. Unfortunately, her feelings yesterday did not carry over to this morning. And at this point, I have two hard rocks that would love to give in to this baby. But by sticking to my guns and not giving in, I have ten extra minutes this morning!
Ashley is feeling very sad and sorry for Sydney. She told me to "just give that baby her nummies." And then she picked her up and snuggled her when I said no. They are sort of freaked out I won't feed her in such a way today.
So, so far, so good. If I can only keep my resolve today and not give in. Wish me luck!
Edited: Never mind. I gave in. I'm such a pushover.
3 comments:
I was so happy to say good bye to the "nummies"
first its "bye-bye nummies" and then its getting the kid the drivers license. Time sure flies!
i stumbled across something that helped us when i was weaning ben..i had started to hit the gym harder, enough that it affected my milk supply. he had to work harder for milk so he'd often give up sooner and eventually drop that feeding. helped with the boulders situation too.
Post a Comment