Wow! But most of the people here are staying. I really don't think it'll be too much of a big deal for us--even though we are on the northeast side of the storm. But then again, hurricanes love surprises!
We are hunkered down to stay, with our gas tanks full just in case. We are in no way packed or anything, but I can have the clothes of 6 people packed and ready to go in an hour if need be. We will be watching closely all night, and I figure 3 a.m. will be my preferred time of departure. You should have seen the traffic this afternoon!
We officially go into lockdown mode at 10 a.m., since that's when the "officials" tell us if they find us out we'll be in trouble! I haven't been under curfew since I was 17!
Just to be an optimist (although I'm usually a realist) here's what I'd like to see happen:
- A little bit of storm, so we can have a good ol fashioned indoor rainy day with our rented movies and popcorn.
- Our electricity to stay on so I can continue my comfort in the air conditioning.
- The kids to return to school on Monday. They've already had enough of vacations! They are starting to think Hurricanes are fantastic!
So say a prayer for the folks in Houston, and throw me in there too. And I'll hopefully be back before too long!
5 comments:
Well, good luck and stay safe.
BE CAREFUL!!!
This is great! (Hey, I'm talking ony about me). It's like watching a suspense movie but with someone I know in the staring role. "Where will they be today?" I ask myself.
Oh, yeah. Be careful, too.
I am staying. The boys and I were playing in the wind and rain this morning. We are the country idiots running around outside during a storm!! LOL! I get pretty anious too. My husband left me at 1pm this afternoon to spend the storm in a nursing home. So, i am S#*^ out of luck if my power goes out. I sure as heck don't know how to start the generator. Men!!!
Post a Comment