Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Ike is getting on my NERVES

First he going to Florida. Then he was coming here. It was for certain. But then, he changed his mind! Which was good news to me! Go on to Mexico! Go visit Corpus Christi! Whoo Hoo, no butthole visitor here!

Until this evening when the phone rings and I learn that school is canceled tomorrow and advisories are going out to those in low lying areas and mobile homes to evacuate.

Ike has decided he might just like us after all.

I'm with Lisa on this one: Hurricanes and kids home from school--not my favorite combination.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

My kido still has school. They have it today and tomorrow. Aparently the hurricane is only going to hit Calasiue parish and not jeff davis. I am only 5 minutes away from Calcasue, or how ever you spell that. Dang southern names. We are not going anywhere. Bring it on. We have generators and water. I am going today to get more milk and then we will be set. I just wish Ike would get her already. He is taking forever!!!!!

JNew said...

it must totally suck sitting around waiting on a storm that may or may not hit you - plus it's a little scary

Anonymous said...

pretty dern scary!